+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Tennis

Re: Tennis

I haven't been watching much with the crazy schedule and my job, but I also think some of it is that my favorites aren't there so I'm less interested than normal.

And I was rooting for Li Na to win. I was hoping she would pull out the victory after winning the first set.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Spell Check probably wouldn't have helped, but you would think SOMEONE would do a little research before putting pen to page . . . . or in this case, engraver to trophy.

It seems that the trophy given to Victoria Azarenka when she won the Aussie Open was inscribed with the letters BEL to indicate her home country of Belarus. Problem is, BEL is the abbreviation for BELGIUM. Belarus is abbreviated BLR.

Oopsie!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Oops
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Tennis

I stayed up to watch Andy last night and would love to wipe the 3rd set from my memory.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Andy is definitely getting better, but he won't be in the ranks of Djokovic, Nadal and Federer as long as he continues to be his own worst enemy. He's got a way of getting inside his own head with a bucketful of doubt and spreading it all over the place.

^^^ Exactly. The best thing Andy could do is to hire himself a really good sports psychologist. If he doesn't start really believing that he can win, he won't.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Had hoped Murray would manage to get this one.

Rafael Nadal is FINALLY back to playing tennis. Competing - on clay - in Vina del Mar, Chile.

Won his first singles match against 22 year old Argentinian Federico Delbonis 6-3, 6-2. It was the first time Rafa had played a singles match is 222 days! He's currently ranked 5th behind Ferrer, Murray, Federer and Djokovic.

Si, se puede, Rafa!

I thought the best thing about the Australian Open this year was seeing Andre Agassi at the men’s final. He looked great! I also just found out that Andre created a partnership to open a new charter school in Phoenix this past fall. Here is a little article about it and there is a video with one of the students running up to hug Andre at the end that is so heartwarming.

Andre Agassi sponsoring charter school in Phoenix
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Si, se puede, Rafa!

I thought the best thing about the Australian Open this year was seeing Andre Agassi at the men’s final. He looked great! I also just found out that Andre created a partnership to open a new charter school in Phoenix this past fall. Here is a little article about it and there is a video with one of the students running up to hug Andre at the end that is so heartwarming.

Andre Agassi sponsoring charter school in Phoenix
    Andre has really been a great person in his after career. Giving back and helping others. He has always struck me as a good, kind man.
    chrisg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread