+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Tennis

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Tennis

Djokovic and Murray in Monday's final.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

This women's final is getting REALLY interesting. Nice to see Serena being challenged by someone. Right now, they're even a set a piece and Azarenka just went up 5-3 in the 3rd set. Nice to see a match - especially a final - that is a little more even. I don't find 6-1, 6-2 all that interesting.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Yep, Azarenka definitely didn't get the memo that Serena had this one in the bag

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Yep, Azarenka definitely didn't get the memo that Serena had this one in the bag
    A very exciting and nail biting women's match! Finally!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The men's final is already pretty epic. First set tie break and neither of them have been able to close it out. Murray up yet another set point at 11-10..... Murray finally takes it!

Sean Connery in the crowd cheering!

I think if Novak had won the first set, it might have turned into a bloodbath, but now I think it's going to be a LONG match.

ETA: Kevin Spacey in the crowd and the commentators make a Keyser Soze joke....and he laughs. He's got a radio tuned to them.
    Last edited by Critical; 09-10-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

All I can say is "Go Murray"!!! If he can pull this out, it is a well deserved win.
    Critical likes this.

He's up two sets, so he has a good chance! Of course, Nole isn't going to stop fighting, so it could turn around at any time. I have to leave in about 45 minutes and I know I probably won't see the end.

I like both players, but it would be nice to see Murray win this one, especially after that heart-breaker at Wimbledon.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He's up two sets, so he has a good chance! Of course, Nole isn't going to stop fighting, so it could turn around at any time. I have to leave in about 45 minutes and I know I probably won't see the end.

I like both players, but it would be nice to see Murray win this one, especially after that heart-breaker at Wimbledon.
    this is torture!

FORT Fogey

Holy cow! I worked late and then went to my book club, and I still for home for the end of the match! Now I sure wish I got to see the rest of it

What a match!!!

+ Reply to Thread