+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Tennis

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Tennis

Ferrer bested Tipsarevic, but it was a hard fought finish.

This marks the first time since the French Open . . . in 2004 . . . that we will not see either Rafa or Roger in the semi-finals.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Amazing match last night between Novak and Juan Martin! Novak's defensive play was insane...

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Amazing match last night between Novak and Juan Martin! Novak's defensive play was insane...
    I really wanted Del Potro to win
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Is this Jim Courier commentating the men's doubles right now? If so, he's a nitwit. Oh, John (or Patrick) McEnroe, where are you!?

Courier: He [linesman] looks like the guy running Obama's campaign....Dave whatshisname.....Axelrod, that's it!" Good grief
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Did anyone watch the charity exhibition match last might between John McEnroe/Adam Sandler vs Jim Courier/Kevin James with Colin Quinn as the chair umpire. It aired just before the Nova/Juan Martin match and was, of course, very short with McEnroe/Sandler winning 3 games to 1, but it was highly entertaining.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Did anyone watch the charity exhibition match last might between John McEnroe/Adam Sandler vs Jim Courier/Kevin James with Colin Quinn as the chair umpire. It aired just before the Nova/Juan Martin match and was, of course, very short with McEnroe/Sandler winning 3 games to 1, but it was highly entertaining.
    I saw it , it was cute....

Serena is dominating yet again. Wow.

Go Murray!

The ladies final is postponed until tomorrow due to a storm coming in. I really wish they had a roofed stadium

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I really wish they had a roofed stadium
    Me too. You know you're behind the times when Wimbledon has a roof and you don't!

Sad to hear the ladies' final got postponed (although I think it's pretty much a formality at this point - Serena's got it). I thought they'd switched to having both finals on Sunday a few years ago. Did I remember that wrong? Years ago, today would have been both men's semis, with the ladies' final in between. Then, I seem to remember people complaining that it minimized the women, so they moved the ladies' final to Sunday as well. Did I imagine that? <-----totally possible.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

People complained the women were left waiting not knowing their starting time for a final. That is when they moved it to Saturday night. I don't believe they have ever been played on the same day

Now the mens final will be played on Monday yet again. Another final I can't see because I work on a late shift on Monday. I did agree with McEnroe as to why they didn't have both men's semis at the same time... no instead they do them one after the other and can't even get through the first set of Djokovic and Ferrer (which I must say, wow, good job Ferrer). Stupid decision.

+ Reply to Thread