+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Tennis

Re: Tennis

not terrible happy.....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    not terrible happy.....

No, me either, but he did better than I expected him to. His serve is improving - but he still seems to be his own worst enemy, letting the doubts creep in.

That shot where he almost beaned Federer was priceless!
    libgirl2 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Murray really moved up my list for being a big fan with the way he showed emotion after the match. I loved that he appreciated the moment and admitted to disappointment. When he said "I'm getting closer" I almost started crying! And once again Federer totally annoyed me! I couldn't believe that when talking to ESPN he brought up beating Roddick in the final AGAIN! I also hate it when he tries to equate one of his losses to players like Murray or Roddick that have one or no major wins. It is not the same, and it just comes across as smug and self serving when he does it

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Murray really moved up my list for being a big fan with the way he showed emotion after the match. I loved that he appreciated the moment and admitted to disappointment. When he said "I'm getting closer" I almost started crying! And once again Federer totally annoyed me! I couldn't believe that when talking to ESPN he brought up beating Roddick in the final AGAIN! I also hate it when he tries to equate one of his losses to players like Murray or Roddick that have one or no major wins. It is not the same, and it just comes across as smug and self serving when he does it
    Roddick does have a USO!

I'm sad for Murray, but still....

FEDERER!!!!! I know I'm pretty much his only fan here, but I don't care! I'm thrilled for Roger! He's a great champion and he's worked so hard to get back to form. He deserved the win.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I guess its the order of the universe, Rafa got his FO and Fed his Wimbledon.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm sad for Murray, but still....

FEDERER!!!!! I know I'm pretty much his only fan here, but I don't care! I'm thrilled for Roger! He's a great champion and he's worked so hard to get back to form. He deserved the win.
    I was happy for him!! thrilled actually!

Congrats to Serena
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was crying right along with Murray when he gave his speech. I love Federer, as long as he is not playing a Brit. So it is the least painful person for him to loose to.

I must admit I loved the shot where he almost beaned Federer though!

Next year Andy! Next year!
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    That happens a lot in my house! He is smug . . . no question about it. Okay, so you wear a Rolex and have a private jet . . . doesn't make you a better person.

He's back at #1 so expect the level of superiority to climb. That's okay, it will be that much sweeter when he gets knocked off his pedestal.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    That happens a lot in my house! He is smug . . . no question about it. Okay, so you wear a Rolex and have a private jet . . . doesn't make you a better person.

He's back at #1 so expect the level of superiority to climb. That's okay, it will be that much sweeter when he gets knocked off his pedestal.
    That is why I was so thrilled when Nadal was beating him left and right.... to the point were the guy was crying!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

+ Reply to Thread