+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Tennis

Re: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Amen to that . . . . although I used a word a bit stronger than "phooey".

He was definitely out of sorts. When things go the way they did today, I have to wonder if he couldn't retire early (from tennis) and become a soccer player.
    Spain is in the Euro final! Perhaps Rafa was distracted or celebrated a bit too much?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'd love to see Andy Murray win it! I'm a Federer fan and wouldn't be disappointed to see him win one more since, realistically, he doesn't have too many years left on the tour, but I think a Murray win would be really special. I'd be happy if Nole won too. I love him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I really hope this is Andy's year! Not just because I am British but I think he is so talented. I hope it is someone new.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Well Roddick just went down. But Del Potro won!! Murray is playing Baghdatis.... cheering for Andy by I do like Baghdatis. He looks exactly like my cousin Paul. Its uncanny.

Not surprising about Roddick. He's been off his game for a while. This Murray - Baghdatis match is killing me! I can't stand the stress. Plus, they're going to stop the game at the top of the hour? WTF? I get that there's a curfew, but surely they can make an exception. Just when Murray is getting into a groove. Why not just close the roof and keep going? I know it takes some time to do that, but still. ARGH! Murray is up 3-0 in the 4th. He could close this thing out, but I doubt he can do it in 10 minutes!

ETA: Murray won!

The roof was closed. Why did the commentators keep talking about how they should have closed the roof? Did I miss a break in play where they did close it? I must have. I got home after I thought the coverage was over and just stumbled on this match. The coverage was supposed to end here at noon, which is why I didn't bother even looking at ESPN. The match didn't end until after 3PM.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-30-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Not surprising about Roddick. He's been off his game for a while. This Murray - Baghdatis match is killing me! I can't stand the stress. Plus, they're going to stop the game at the top of the hour? WTF? I get that there's a curfew, but surely they can make an exception. Just when Murray is getting into a groove. Why not just close the roof and keep going? I know it takes some time to do that, but still. ARGH! Murray is up 3-0 in the 4th. He could close this thing out, but I doubt he can do it in 10 minutes!
    He did!

I've been up watching the quarter finals for a while! Got my Union Jack and ready to cheer for Andy!
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I've been up watching the quarter finals for a while! Got my Union Jack and ready to cheer for Andy!

Its turning into a very tough match. I'm flipping between that and the Tsonga match.

It is! I have BBC on my phone and ESPN on my tv. Keep going Andy and go away rain!

ETA: Well done Andy! You are brilliant!
    Last edited by JLuvs; 07-04-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    -Bono

Rain delay is over!! I have to say Ferrer has played a good Wimbledon so far. He is tougher then I thought.

+ Reply to Thread