+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Tennis

Re: Tennis

I'll be cheering on Novak tomorrow!

Well, interesting match so far... now I have to get up tomorrow at 6 am on my off morning to see the rest (hopefully).
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Well, interesting match so far... now I have to get up tomorrow at 6 am on my off morning to see the rest (hopefully).

Yeah, I'm hoping to get to see the rest of the match. Here's a little info that might help you early Monday morning:

French Open final to be shown on NBC Sports Network | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

I use Dish Network for my tv service. NBC Sports is channel 159.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 06-10-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I won't get to see it (no NBC Sports) but I will try to follow along while at work.

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    I won't get to see it (no NBC Sports) but I will try to follow along while at work.
    Me neither.... following it online.

Getting up an hour early is tough. Getting up an hour early on a Monday is even tougher.

Seeing Rafa win French Open #7 was well worth the loss of shut-eye!
    Florimel and libgirl2 like this.

Don

First, let me say that I love Rafa. On a list of favorite tennis players, he's in the top three . . . and I've been watching tennis since Jimbo played with a wood racket.

While I am glad his watch was returned to him, I have a bit of trouble mustering up sympathy for someone who owns a timepiece that's worth more than my house and it's contents.

Funny what the uber-rich spend their money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Don

First, let me say that I love Rafa. On a list of favorite tennis players, he's in the top three . . . and I've been watching tennis since Jimbo played with a wood racket.

While I am glad his watch was returned to him, I have a bit of trouble mustering up sympathy for someone who owns a timepiece that's worth more than my house and it's contents.

Funny what the uber-rich spend their money on.
    I do agree, however someone broke the law and stole it. That isn't right either. Nadal needs to put that thing in a safe!

If I worked in a hotel where Rafa was a guest - and I had a swipe card - I'm not sure I could resist at least going into his room. I'd never steal anything, but I'd have to at least touch something of his.

He's old enough to not be naive, so let's just call him "distracted". The articles I've read don't elaborate on WHY the guy stole it . . . . was he intending on selling it (which would be even more stupid then stealing it in the first place) or did he want to keep it as a memento.

My daughter and I always get a chuckle out of Rafa throwing his sweaty wristbands into the crowd. I've told her that, while I do love her, if we are ever in a situation where just one of us is going to get that item, I will not hesitate to take her out with my elbow!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    If I worked in a hotel where Rafa was a guest - and I had a swipe card - I'm not sure I could resist at least going into his room. I'd never steal anything, but I'd have to at least touch something of his.

He's old enough to not be naive, so let's just call him "distracted". The articles I've read don't elaborate on WHY the guy stole it . . . . was he intending on selling it (which would be even more stupid then stealing it in the first place) or did he want to keep it as a memento.

My daughter and I always get a chuckle out of Rafa throwing his sweaty wristbands into the crowd. I've told her that, while I do love her, if we are ever in a situation where just one of us is going to get that item, I will not hesitate to take her out with my elbow!
    too funny! I would probably do the same too. Now if I could get into his room... I wouldn't steal, but I would be touching! Or I might steal a pillowcase or something like that.

I think Rafa, who while well known, is still kind of a kid at heart. Didn't he live at home for a long time? he probably leaves things like that laying around because he just doesn't think someone would steal it.

+ Reply to Thread