+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: N F L 2011

N F L 2011

And so begins a long football offseason

Dear NFL Fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.

Yours,
    Roger Goodell

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: N F L 2010

Interesting.
    Chad Ochocinco tries out for MLS team - NFL - Sporting News

I also know that he went back to court to get the "Johnson" name back. Don't know what happened there. I know he was looking at getting married to one of the women (Evelyn) on the Basketball Wives reality show, so the last name thing may have been connected to that. I know I wouldn't want to be "Mrs. Ochocinco".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: N F L 2011

Instead of coming to any agreement, both sides are going to pay the attorneys any differences they may have had. I would like to blame the owners 100%, but I can only fault them 85%. The players shouldnt have rushed to decertify quite so quickly. Now the attorneys are in control and everyone has the stupids!

I dont even care if there is no season right now. The fan doesnt matter as long as they keep ponying up for overpriced tickets and new stadiums.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Lockout -- NFL owners approve proposed labor agreement - ESPN

Highlights Of Proposed CBA

Details of the proposed collective bargaining agreement that would need to be ratified by NFL players:

• Ten-year deal, through the 2020 season

• New league year would begin on Wednesday

• Players receive 48 percent of revenue in first portion of deal

• $120 million salary cap; team minimum 89 percent ($106.8M) as long as league spends 99 percent ($3.8B)

• Veterans earn free agency after fourth season

• Four-year rookie contracts, with team option for fifth year

• Lower rookie salaries, with cap on team spending for rookies

• Later training camps, no more full-contact, two-a-day practices

• Offseason team activities (OTAs) reduced from 14 to nine

Re: N F L 2010

Oh wow! You've got to be an idiot to put yourself in this situation, young lady. You certainly can't say that you have not had prior warning. I feel for you!

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger weds in quiet ceremony - NFL - Sporting News
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Are you ready for some football?

Football is back!

Hallelujah!!!!!

Finally back! So glad to find the NFL back!
    New TV Season 2014-2015!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My Steelers take on the 'Skins tonight. If you need me after 7:30, I'll be in front of the big screen!

Almost never root for the Eagles (quarterback issues) but then again, last night they were playing the Ravens. It was a tough call but I'm cool with Philly scoring a win this time. We'll take care of that next week!!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Hi Little Sew&Sew!

I will be in front of the TV as well watching my Lions take on the Bengals. Stafford is playing in the first quarter. Here's hoping he doesn't go down with a shoulder injury... again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast