+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: N F L 2011

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: N F L 2011

It made me equally as happy to see the Steelers win as it did to see the Eagles lose.

Looking forward to the game tonight.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Tonight's gonna be tough - Tigers/Rangers game has gone into overtime and Lions/Bears on MNF starts in about 10 minutes. That being said - it is great time to be a sports fan in Michigan!!

Oh my god - the atmosphere at Ford Field tonight was AMAZING. I cannot wait to watch my DVR to see if it sounded as loud on TV as it did in the stands. I am so proud of this team! 5-0!!!

Yep, football_chick, it did!! I loved all the penalties against the Bears for delay of game because of how loud it was! The Detroit fans did MNF proud! And congrats to the Lions now being 5-0!!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Yep, football_chick, it did!! I loved all the penalties against the Bears for delay of game because of how loud it was! The Detroit fans did MNF proud! And congrats to the Lions now being 5-0!!
    Still on my Honolulu Blue high today. I can't wait for Sunday and the 49ers.

ellen Do you think we may actually have a battle of the Unbeatens by Thanksgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    ellen Do you think we may actually have a battle of the Unbeatens by Thanksgiving?
    Given the schedule, it's entirely possible.
    At which point (no offense -- but "forgive me Father, for I am a lifelong Cheesehead), the Packers will be the lone Unbeatens!

I totally admit to being a bitch where the Pack is concerned -- it's in my DNA -- but at the same time, I'm so excited for the Lions' fans. I mean -- OMFG!!! -- in just a couple of years, the Lions go from being the 0-16 joke of the NFL to a force to be reckoned with, sharing the current 5-0 record with the Super Bowl champs. Holy carp, I'd be excited, too.

But, like I said, I'm a die-hard Cheesehead...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Given the schedule, it's entirely possible.
    At which point (no offense -- but "forgive me Father, for I am a lifelong Cheesehead), the Packers will be the lone Unbeatens!

I totally admit to being a bitch where the Pack is concerned -- it's in my DNA -- but at the same time, I'm so excited for the Lions' fans. I mean -- OMFG!!! -- in just a couple of years, the Lions go from being the 0-16 joke of the NFL to a force to be reckoned with, sharing the current 5-0 record with the Super Bowl champs. Holy carp, I'd be excited, too.

But, like I said, I'm a die-hard Cheesehead...
    I'll let you have your joy! I mean come on - last year, outside of Wisconsin, I think my 3yo was the only person in the US who correctly predicted that the Packers were going to win the Super Bowl. And I don't know how you felt about it - but being a long time Lions fan, and being so sick of the games Brett Favre played in the last few years - pretending to retire, just so he didn't have to go to training camp, ditching the Pack because he didn't think he would win a Super Bowl with them, etc., etc. - I thought the victory was all the more sweet because he wasn't a part of the team when it happened!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I am not a total Bears fan since my heart resides in Stillers Country, but if Brian Urlacher is on my tv, I will be watching! From where I was sitting, it wasn't so much that the Lions won as it was that the Bears lost . . . big time. Those penalty flags were flying from left and right.

The only highlight of the evening was finding out that Denver has come around to having their head screwed on closer to right and will start Tebow after the bye.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    And I don't know how you felt about it - but being a long time Lions fan, and being so sick of the games Brett Favre played in the last few years - pretending to retire, just so he didn't have to go to training camp, ditching the Pack because he didn't think he would win a Super Bowl with them, etc., etc. - I thought the victory was all the more sweet because he wasn't a part of the team when it happened!
    I was not impressed with Favre and his diva-esque attitude either – so, yeah, it was sweet to see Aaron Rodgers having Cheeseheads saying (and wearing on t-shirts) "Brent who?" so quickly!

Packers -- still undefeated!
    sueb1961 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread