+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: N F L 2011

Re: N F L 2011

I like players that are team players, not like TO, OchoCinco, etc. Bring on the NFL! So glad the lockout is over.
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I respect players with inherent, God-given talents like TO and Ocho Cinco. I understand their revelling in their abilities since many of them haven't had much to celebrate, or been celebrated, when they were growing up. When I learn about their backgrounds, I get it and it all makes more sense. Personally, I can't be mad at them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Michael Irvin started a program to try and help rookies adjust to the NFL. He was one of sixteen kids growing up and he speaks often about how hard it was to adjust to having a lot of money and a lot of attention all of the sudden, so I think there are sometimes mitigating circumstances regarding what may seem like really selfish athletes on the surface.

I'm really looking forward to football season, too!
    Last edited by chrisg; 08-31-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

My family's Fantasy Football draft was held last night. While I had a team last year and was in the finals (my library skills researching games and players worked well for me), I got my team on auto draft. But last night I chose my players...I had help from a 6 year old student at my school who gave me advice on how to rank my players.

What I like about Fantasy Football is that I can watch just about any game and feel a personal attachment to it. And where I live is so far from a local team, I don't have any big loyalty so I can enjoy players from most any team. I am looking forward to more strategy talk with my 6 yr old student and with any of you!

Watched 'Hardknocks' today...the only one for this season. It won't be back until August 2012, thanks to the lockout. I love watching that show and seeing the guys in their most basic element. This show was about the first 10 years of the show. They had a shot of the Bengals' Chris Henry in a team meeting, before he died. I find guys entertaining when they are in their manly havens! They are hilarious, and can be very emotional. I'm sure they cherish the time they have together.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Words cannot describe how EXCITED I am about tonight. Football is back folks!

Yesterday's kickoff was scheduled for an hour before I would finish tutoring. No problem, I set the DVR. And then some 'Zonie effed up and caused a huge blackout. I heard it was a good game. I'm very happy that the Packers won, but I would loved to have seen them do so!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ellen - the Packers were SCARY good. Mind you, the Saints secondary was total trash most of the game but when it comes to Offense - you guys have tons of weapons when it comes to options for Rodgers to throw to!

I am a bit terrified the Lions won't be so lucky this year when it comes time to play you guys!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Love it when my Steelers jump head-first into the fray and play the Ravens to start the season. Looking forward to Sunday afternoon. Gonna change my avatar for the occasion!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

My poooor Peyton. This just may be the end of the road.

+ Reply to Thread