+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: N F L 2011

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: N F L 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    If anyone in Denver has a brain, they'll keep Tebow. Make him second string (again) and save him for WHEN Manning is hurt and unable to play. WHEN . . . . not IF. It's only a matter of time.
    Why would you pay Tim Tebow that "Tebow money" to play behind somebody else, on occasion, when you can put him on a front line (if you really think he's all that, or WILL be all that) and get more bang for your buck NOW?

I still don't agree with Peyton's decision, but they're not my neck or my limbs. I wish him nothing but luck and safe success.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

As quarterbacks go, Tebow doesn't earn that much . . . at least not in Denver. He doesn't even come close to cracking the top ten. Heck, he barely makes the top thirty!

Hines Ward - having been let go by the Steelers - announced his retirement today - even though he surely has many good years left. I applaud his decision to retire to devote more time to his charity.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 03-20-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Donald Driver is hot, hot, HOT on Dancing With the Stars!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Well, he was the first time we saw him, anyway! I'm hoping that the "football blessing" holds!

Heard , this morning, that Hines couldn't see playing for any other team, so he bowed out. Sounds like that "fire" is gone.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

"To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Wow! Could their faces get any redder? . Good for the NFL!
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Wow! Could their faces get any redder? . Good for the NFL!
    You know, I am sure this sort of thing happens on some level in the NFL, but this seems way too organized etc... Glad they are cracking down on it. Its one thing to play tough and make sure a top player isn't able to do much, its another to take a guy out with a possible career ending injury. I read one of their past targets was Kurt Warner! I love that guy!
    Ellen likes this.

When I think of all of the players who endure brain injury issues, even into their old-age, that's what bugs me the most. We hear more and more about it all of the time. Of course, with football, they could have started amassing these injuries when they were playing in Pop Warner (Peewee) leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    When I think of all of the players who endure brain injury issues, even into their old-age, that's what bugs me the most. We hear more and more about it all of the time. Of course, with football, they could have started amassing these injuries when they were playing in Pop Warner (Peewee) leagues.
    On the radio here in Chicago, they were talking about how kids in those leagues are being encouraged to hit hard, which I am sure goes beyond in some cases. One sportscaster said he remembers being offered a hamburger when he was younger, another, who was talking to his son about this situation, son said all the couches do it. Sad.

FORT Fanatic

NFL Schedule will be released tomorrow. I'm so excited. I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve. Bring on football...I miss it!!!

+ Reply to Thread