+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: N F L 2011

Re: N F L 2011

Sorry that the Packers didn't go undefeated Ellen but at least, you mentioned all of the above. They seem and sound like a classy team!
    Ellen likes this.
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    could the answer be playoffs? I am so excited! That is the first game this season where detroit has looked like a playoff caliber team. I love megatron!!!
    The Lions made the playoffs! The Lions made the playoffs! Holy cr*p, the Lions made the playoffs!!

Good luck today Ellen! Doesn't look like the weather is going to favour our passing game so hopefully we find some sort of running game today
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Good luck today Ellen! Doesn't look like the weather is going to favour our passing game so hopefully we find some sort of running game today
    And to you as well!
    Unfortunately, Fox isn't airing the Detroit-Green Bay game here, but I'll be checking in on the ESPN Scoreboard site.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

GO PACK GO Packers 2nd string beat the Lions (sorry Lions fans) Great game for Flinn.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961 View Post
    GO PACK GO Packers 2nd string beat the Lions (sorry Lions fans) Great game for Flinn.
    Not that there was any doubt, but it's great to know that our bench can outplay the starters of any given average-ish team (that is to say, not only the starters of a crappy team like this season's Colts)! Go Pack!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Congrats, Packers! That was an interesting game, to say the least. Not sure there was much defense on either side! Stinks though, because now the Lions will face the Saints in the first round of the playoffs. Oh well, at least we made it there! And I guess anything is possible - but with the way Brees is playing, I'm not holding out a ton of hope. I will settle for being happy that we turned around from 0-16 to make the playoffs in 3 years! Nice job, Jim Schwarz and Lions!
    Ellen and football_chick like this.

Wildcard Weekend! One of my favourite times of the year.

Go Lions!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Years and years ago I attended a playoff game at Candlestick where the Niners eaked out a win over a missed Lion field goal. My friend and I were seated right behind some Lion supporters and, as it turned out, the brother of the kicker. When his brother missed that last field goal, we didn't know whether to cheer or commiserate with him as he was devastated.

Best of luck to them today.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Years and years ago I attended a playoff game at Candlestick where the Niners eaked out a win over a missed Lion field goal. My friend and I were seated right behind some Lion supporters and, as it turned out, the brother of the kicker. When his brother missed that last field goal, we didn't know whether to cheer or commiserate with him as he was devastated.

Best of luck to them today.
    December 31st, 1983 (I looked it up ). That was Eddie Murray. I wasn't a fan yet but I can only imagine how the Lions fans must have felt, losing by one. In all fairness, the QB threw a couple of picks for touchdowns so it wasn't Eddie's fault though I imagine he felt like it was. 4 hours to go!

+ Reply to Thread