Closed Thread
Page 1 of 77 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Hockey- Part Deux - Random Rants Included

eny
    FORT Fogey

Random Hockey Rants & Info

The scandaless hockey thread . Post what you hear or what you think. The one great thing about the Fort is that we have members form such far flung places, we get wind of stuff before it hits the "real" media.

After the opening of a new 15000 seat arena in Winnipeg, some feel that the return of NHL hockey to Winnipeg is months away. Gary Bettman was quoted as being excited ( Bettman excited HAHA )that Winnipeg had built a new arena and he wouldn't rule out the possibility of the NHL returning to Winnipeg.

Mario Lemieux may finish off his career helping the Habs next season. He would apparently like to go to his home town and bring the Canadiens back into the playoffs for one more run at the cup. Only problem for Super M is his finacial interest in the sorry Penguins. Who is going to buy that group?

"I think Patrick has played his last game," said Jacques Demers, a TV hockey analyst in Canada and Patrick Roy's former coach with the Montreal Canadiens.
    Citing a source close to Roy, Demers said he believes Roy wants to go out while his skills are reasonably sharp and his health -- most notably his ailing hips -- intact. Demers coached Roy and the Canadiens to the 1993 Stanley Cup, and the two reportedly have a close relationship.

Sather isn't interested coaching the NYR ,but there seems to be a line-up for the job. Larry Robinson told The Post yesterday that he willput off speaking to Glen Sather until at least the end of the Devils'/ Lightning series. Sather phoned Lamoriello for permission to speak to Robinson immediately after the Devils had taken out the Bruins in the first round of the playoffs. Robinson, dismissed last January after coaching the Devils to the 2000 Stanley Cup and then the seventh game of the 2001 Finals, chose not to interview for the Ranger job last year, telling Sather that he needed time to recover from the difficult 2001-2002 season that concluded with him acting as an assistant to his replacement, Kevin Constantine. Sather is also interested in speaking to Craig MacTavish and Lindy Ruff, whose contracts to coach the Oilers and Sabres, respectively, expire on June 30. And Herb Brooks, Sather's first choice last summer, would like another shot at the job he spurned.

Bob Goodenow, the head of the NHPA says there will never be a salary cap, and is prepared for a lockout lasting 2 or 3 years . Having had some experience of my own with unions who are seriously out of touch with reality , I just have to say - has anyone been following the IIHF tourny ? Hockey - no bull.
    The American team have the worst results in the tournament. What happened to the team that was at Salt Lake? Every single one is somehow missing in action.Play for glory or for the cash? I think too many NHL players are in it for the money, and could care less about the game. Next spring I will be watching the IIHF tournament by choice ,and with with far more interest than the Stanley cup.Bob could care less I'm sure. His golden parachute is already in place.

Still a jerk after all these years, Pat Burns was on a verbal tirade against the officiating in the last Devils/TB game. He claimed to be only "halfway stupid" on the line change call. Uh yeah Pat - whatever. I've been watching your act for years, and I think you could claim you are fully stupid.

JR.
    Well Eny, this sorry roster might explain it

HAUER Brett Geneve-Servette HC
    MOTTAU Mike Saint John Flames
    LEOPOLD Jordan Calgary Flames
    CORVO Joe Los Angeles Kings
    HOUSLEY Phil Toronto Maple Leafs
    CULLEN Matt Florida Panthers
    MILLER Kevin HC Davos
    POHL John Worcester Icecats
    FERRARO Chris Portland Pirates
    DRURY Ted Hamburg Freezers
    DIMITRAKOS Niko San Jose Sharks
    FERRARO Peter Portland Pirates
    HALL Adam Nashville Predators
    REASONER Marty Edmonton Oilers
    FAHEY Jim San Jose Sharks
    FAIRCHILD Kelly Eisbaren Berlin
    GRUDEN John Eisbaren Berlin
    JOHNSON Craig Los Angeles Kings
    MILLER Ryan Buffalo Sabres
    ROGLES Chris Kolner Haie
    RHODES Damian Greenville Grrrowl
    DEFAUW Brad Carolina Hurricanes
    BOUILLON Francis Montreal Canadiens

The Avs are screwed.

If Roy does retire, the Avalanche are expected to pursue a proven netminder on the free agent market this summer. Felix Potvin of the Los Angeles Kings and Chris Osgood of St. Louis Blues are both scheduled to be unrestricted free agents.

Well, at least it's not Fondue Boy... *runs off to cry*

LG.
    Roy is going to retire, and just after I learned how to pronouce his name? Damn, I learned a French pronunciation for NOTHING.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

You're a "Roo-ah"er, then LG. Just like Ron and Don.

Anyway, yeah. Patty'll call it quits. He probably should have after last year, but whatever.

Roman Checkmanek is not a good goalie.

José Théodore is hot.

Martin Brodeur has a big house.

Jean-Sébastien Giguère aka Gigger is hot and is on fire.

I love ice cream

eny
    FORT Fogey
    That's ok LG. You will impress the group you hang with ,with your extensive knowledge of hockey.

"Well things haven't been the same since ru-ah retired"

Impressed looks, and certainty that LG is the go to girl that you can trust as she knows EVERYTHING.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Brodeur has a big empty house

LG : You know you can't score with your foot in the crease. Rooah told me.

Brodeur has a big house? Have you seen it? Is house a euphamism for penis?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    :sets up road trip to jersey to check out both claims

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 77 123456789101151 ... LastLast