Closed Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Hockey- Part Deux - Random Rants Included

So's Miss F. And as your teams are all out, you don't have much ground to mock on....

Sort of like this Leafs fan at school who started mocking a TB fan, and he goes, "At least they made the second round."

Heh.

LOL, um, that's why I said I wasn't going to go there this year?

M
    ~M o s a i K~

Exactly.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hey 37 years of having it all just roll right off your back means than when they inevitably turtle you only take a day or so to recover and look to the next season.
    We did however warn the Wings fans about Cuho's usual playoff performance.

He he he. I love that Cujo, Hull and Chelios are all together with their egos on the golf course.

Yzerman deserves a better team.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I was never a fan of Cujo's and if I have to admit one thing out of guilt to the plethora of Wings fans who hang out here, it's that I never quite gave Cujo the telepathic support that I channeled to the other Wings...

Or something like that.

~M o s a i K~

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Since according to enygma's scorecard, there are no other Flyer's fans here... i am here to back my team (i am only slightly sorry to admit that i am a displaced Philadelphian)

So i've had a week to mull, contemplate and chew on their early playoff departure- and i've decided it's a lot like chewing on grisel from a porterhouse steak... it sure looks good when it's placed in front of you, but it still tastes like crap!! Just a few minor changes need to be made to get rid of that grisel...
    It's apparent that Checkmanek is gone- i think Bobby Clarke forgot to tell Hitchcock though?? I don't think the Flyers will find an adequate replacement considering that there are only two quality G's on the market...
    It's time to get rid of Leclair- he was average before Lindros, and he's average now- it's time to cut that $9 mill salary (for 18g, 10a) and get some young prospects... this team is getting old quickly, and it showed after a punishing series with the leafs!

I love the hockey banter in this most unusual place- a nice change-up!

I liked Cujo, I really did.

I stopped liking him when he pulled his temper tantrum after the Olympics.

Quinn gave Cujo the starting goaltender job, if he delivered He blew it. Brodeur outplayed him and as a competitor, in a short tournament, you have to go with the hot goaltender. Had the roles been reversed and Cujo didn't play, he'd be screaming bloody murder.

Refusing to shake Quinn's hand after the Olympics was the most childish thing ever. If you aren't a team player, I don't want you playing for my team.

See ya... enjoy your Cup, Cujo. :rolleyes
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Oooh, that made me so mad. Cujo makes me crazy. Grr.

Ranting:

Last night, being the nerd I am, I was watching post game (while straightening my hair, though that turned out to be useless because I woke up with a bump) Daniel Alfredsson said "We're going to win game 4" and then the guy on hte Score turned it into some big Mark Messier motivational thing. Eh... probably not. He didnt sayl it like Messier, he said it to shut the goddamn reporter up.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hi Quinn - welcome to the forum!
    You know if the Rangers had lost that game way back when, people wouldn't keep referring to it. It's simple media relations 101 .

"We are going to win the next game. We will be tightening up and throwing more pucks at the net."
    How many times have you heard that one?

Closed Thread