+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Major League Baseball 2011

Major League Baseball 2011

Pitchers and catchers have reported!

2011 Spring Training Reporting Dates | Features | Spring Training Online

On a side note the Cardinals and Albert Pujols did not reach a contract extension agreement by the deadline Pujols imposed prior to the start of spring practice.

2011 Spring Training: St. Louis Cardinals, Albert Pujols don't reach by deadline - ESPN

Re: Major League Baseball 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post

On a side note the Cardinals and Albert Pujols did not reach a contract extension agreement by the deadline Pujols imposed prior to the start of spring practice.

2011 Spring Training: St. Louis Cardinals, Albert Pujols don't reach by deadline - ESPN
    Well, what did the Cardinals expect? They only offered Pujols a lousy two hundred million dollars. Starvation wages.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

The Tigers have a big issue right off the bat. Miguel Cabrera definitely needs to get help & not the on the field type.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post

The Phils showed up a couple of days early, some three days early - and practiced informally while their coaches played golf. Gotta love it!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

The Mariners have won their first two games against Oakland! Is this a "real" team? Is it possible?

Felix pitched a complete game and they came from behind to win game #2. Dare we even talk about it? I refuse to hope ... well maybe just a tiny bit .. a very tiny bit
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

The McCourts have been ruining this team for a long time.
    And, the opening day attack on the Giants fan was just horrible.
    Maybe Selig can do some good. Frank McCourt has proven that he can't.

MLB to take over day-to-day operation of Los Angeles Dodgers - MLB - Sporting News
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-20-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

2 heads are better than 1 MrMet's Avatar

It is interesting that MLB would go to these lengths. The situation must be pretty bad in Los Angeles. I would guess McCourt won't go down without a fight, though. I also wonder if MLB will do this with other teams whose financial situations aren't clear. Like the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    It is interesting that MLB would go to these lengths. The situation must be pretty bad in Los Angeles. I would guess McCourt won't go down without a fight, though. I also wonder if MLB will do this with other teams whose financial situations aren't clear. Like the Mets.
    It is very bad.
    Allegedly, all owners sign a non litigation agreement. Knowing McCourt, he'll try and litigate, even with the agreement.
    I haven't set forth near Dodgers Stadium in a long time.
    McCourt has destroyed the team, the fans and anything else he can get his hands on.
    It's a shame, but his cold remarks after the beating of the Giants fan were the last straw for many.
    Add to that, upping the prices for tickets, parking and selling beer like it's going out of style, has left the stadium with thousands of empty seats and unhappy fans.
    Fans out here are hoping Mark Cuban buys the team and turns things around.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on becoming the first pitcher in baseball history to appear in 1000 games all with the same team. Fifteen other pitchers have appeared in 1000 games, but not for the same team.

Mo is the best closer ever and a wonderful ambassador of the game.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Congrats to Derek Jeter on an awesome game. 5 for 5 and he gets that 3,000th hit with a home run. Kudos Mr. Jeter.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast