+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Awee AJane, I know the feeling!

Sweet: Ok our turn is over!!! Another 2-0 game for the Canadian Teams! Go Habs! 1 down 3 more to go!

m_shelll Keeping my fingers/pucks crossed for you on those tickets!

ETA:

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=559699

The Numbers Game - April 14, 2011Thursday, 14.04.2011 / 9:37 PM / News canadiens.comBOSTON -- Here's a numerical look at Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal matchup between the Habs and the Bruins at TD Garden on Thursday night.

33 – Number of times the Canadiens and Bruins have faced off in the playoffs, more times than any other two teams in North American professional sports.

24 – Number of Bruins-Habs playoff series won by the Canadiens out of a possible 32 to date.

30 – Number of playoff goals scored by Habs captain Brian Gionta in his nine-year NHL career, opening up the series scoring early in the first period on Thursday night. (This is incredible!!! He did it again tonight, scored the only 2 goals of the game)

3 – Number of Canadiens who got their first taste of NHL playoff hockey on Thursday night, namely rookie forwards David Desharnais, Lars Eller and Ryan White.

7 – Number of hits dished out by White in his first playoff game, including five in the first period alone.

27 – Number of times in the 32 lifetime playoff series between the Habs and Bruins that the team that won Game 1 also ended up winning the series. (Going for 28!)
    19– Number of shots blocked by the Canadiens in the outing, including 4by 2010 Stanley Cup champ Brent Sopel.

33 – Number of games won by the Canadiens after getting on the board first in 2010-11, posting their first playoff win of 2011 after opening the scoring in Game 1.

4 – Number of times in 13 opportunities in which the Canadiens have opened a series with a win in Boston.

1,088 – Number of days since Carey Price’s last shutout in the postseason, doing so on Thursday night for the first time since posting a 25-save performance against the Bruins on April 21, 2008.

18 – Number of times the Habs have blanked the Bruins in a playoff game, with Price now accounting for three of those whitewashes.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 04-14-2011 at 09:46 PM.

I was pretty bummed when the Flames didn't make the playoffs, but the way they were playing this season they really didn't deserve to. I can't say I'm watching a lot of the playoffs now (scripted tv takes priority ), but I do have some hopes for how things go.

I'd love the Canadian teams to go far, but admittedly, I'm a little bias!

Great game, Montreal! Another 2-0 win...let's hope this lasts!

canadian angel: I was so sad too that the Flames didn't make the playoffs.

sweet: I'm following the Canucks on twitter and they posted the vid of the opener before the game. Wow! Love it! I can't find Montreal's, it was great as well. I hope it surfaces on youtube.

VanCanucks Vancouver Canucks
    Your first online look at the #Canucks Playoff opener for Round One. Amazing. CanucksTV: Playoff Opening Montage Video - NHL VideoCenter - Vancouver Canucks

And this!

VanCanucks Vancouver Canucks
    #Canucks love, licence plate style, from a Washington fan. http://yfrog.com/h6ejvej

Go Nuks!

Found it!! I hope there are Boston fans here to watch this clip.

YouTube - April 14th, 2011 (Boston vs. Montréal - Game #1) - HNiC - Opening Montage (HD 1080p)

Did that play before the game on CBC? I think that's what we saw when we turned the tv on. It's awesome and really highlights the decades old, intense rivalry between the two clubs.

Thanks for the Canucks link. That gave me goosebumps!!

I have my Linden #16 jersey on, my cold Growers Cider poured, (a little early but hey, it's friday)
    and I'm all ready for game #2...
    Oh, and I'm gonna have to change my avatar too.

Go, Nucks!!
    Last edited by sweetpea; 04-15-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Yes that's what played on CBC at the start of the game. I love CBC, they always do such a great job for a lot of the games and various specials through out the year.

It sounds like you're all set for another win sweet!

up 2-0 midway through the 2nd. Keep it up, boys!!

Great win Canucks! Leading the series 2-0, is that going to be our favouite numbers?? My turn for a 2-0!!! Go Habs!

Wow, I'm watching Detroit and Phoenix, and just as I typed that above, Detroit scored, and its 2-0 in the 1st period!

Yup, crazy intense game and the last few seconds were heart-attack inducing, but we pulled it out!!

Montreal, volley back to you...let's see another 2-0 series lead, ok??

+ Reply to Thread