+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Ok. *deep breath*
    It's Chicago......

It's ok. The past two seasons are yesterday's news...we're going to take this and get this monkey off our backs!

Ok deep breath, 8th seed Chicago 44 wins 29 losses, as opposed to Canucks 54 wins 19 losses. Sweeeeeep!

Seven of the top-eight penalty-killing teams reached the postseason this year. Of those eight teams, only Montreal and Vancouver ranked in the top eight in power-play efficiency. Special teams are a huge factor in a short series, so perhaps the only two Canadian franchises in the playoffs will have an edge.

12. Rematches -- There are two first-round matchups between teams that met in the playoffs last year. The Blackhawks are facing the Canucks after vanquishing them in the second round last season, while the Coyotes will be looking for revenge against the Red Wings after a seven-game loss in the first round last season.

The Capitals and Rangers got together in 2009, with Washington erasing a 2-0 series deficit to win in seven games. The top-seeded Canadiens held off the eighth-seeded Bruins in seven games in 2008 but got swept in a rematch in 2009.
    Its payback!

Sixteen things you need to know before playoffs start - 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Quarterfinals

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Ok deep breath, 8th seed Chicago 44 wins 29 losses, as opposed to Canucks 54 wins 19 losses. Sweeeeeep!

Its payback!

Sixteen things you need to know before playoffs start - 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Quarterfinals
    Thanks for the link! Payback indeed...

Nice to see the two Canadian teams have a bit of an edge in something. We need to bring the cup back here!!

Good luck Canucks tonight!!! Sadly its on too late for me to watch.

I'm watching Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh, too bad Sidney is not back yet. Geesh

They didn't need Crosby tonight! Wow, all that time at 0-0 and then bam! bam! two goals. Crazy!
    Ok, here we go. 7 pm and it's time!!

One down, 3 more to go!

Ok, it's Montreal's turn. I remember how much fun it was watching the Habs last year when they took out the two best teams in the league. I hope we see them come out on fire and steal one right off the bat. Go, Habs!!

What I liked about the Canucks last night was that they are still taking it one game at a time with Chicago. They won the first, but they did that the last two seasons. If they can take Friday night, and then steal one in Chicago, then I will be very pleased when they come back for their home game up 3-1. I liked too how they kept focused. They came out really strong in the first, overwhelming the Blackhawks and playing a very physical game, and taking the lead. It got a big hairy at times in the 2nd and 3rd but their defense is just so deep and played very well, and Lou did a fabulous job (with the help of the posts of course!).

Go, Canucks!!

LOUUUUU!!!

Canucks are off to a great start! Hoping to make it over to Vancouver for a final playoff game!! *fingers crosssed*

Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll View Post
    LOUUUUU!!!

Canucks are off to a great start! Hoping to make it over to Vancouver for a final playoff game!! *fingers crosssed*
    Oh, lucky you if you do get to go!! I've been to playoff games in past seasons, and it is electrifying being in that building as they are playing the music from U2 when the team skates out...

This round is painful for me. Rangers have been my team for 30 years, no kidding. I also happen to be a big Ovechkin fan. I can't decide if this is a win-win or a lose-lose.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread