+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

I definitely think that the NHL big wigs made a big mistake with this one. However, they won't really listen to anyone/anything to sway them otherwise. I think all that they would listen to would be advertisers withdrawing money/backing. Such a disgrace.

Sweet! Congrats on your Canucks. Its you and me in the playoffs, no other Canadian teams.

Locally, our Junior team is in the final playoffs! There were 4 more NHL draft picks 2010, for a total of 8 since 2007 (when they moved from Mississauga Ontario to St Catharines, Ontario and two more eligible! Very proud of our Junior's.

They won the first game, 2nd game tomorrow night. Good luck!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 04-08-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Mr. S is hoping for a Canucks/Habs final...hey, we can dream, right?? I'll be pulling for the Habs, loved their run last year, it was so much fun to watch. I'm so nervous about the Canucks this year, mainly because we've never had such a successful regular season...as fans we're not used to this!!

Congrats to your Jr team as well. We live in Vernon, and our Vipers have done very well the last couple of years, and just swept their first series 4-0. It's definitely hockey time!!

Your Canucks have a total of 53 wins, and 115 points, more than any other team!! President Trophey winners! You're sitting pretty in 1st I'm sitting pretty in 2nd.

I would have to take time off of work if it was Canucks/Habs, seriously, I'm getting heart palpitations just thinking about it!

I'm going to change my tag line, "Canucks Habs Final, hey we can dream eh? "

Wish I was at the Buffalo Sabres game last night, it was Fan Appreciation Day. They had 85 Alumni NHL players, signing autographs, talking to fans, before the game, what a great idea. They all pulled up in black limo's, and came out wearing their jerseys. Then, they had a 50-50 draw, a ticket holder won $40,000!

Sabres won in overtime, clinching a playoff spot. Lots of happy Sabres fans today.

I love your signature line!! I think the entire country would take time off work if that were the final 2 teams. I can just see all the pubs/bars/restaurants in Vancouver would be packed at 4 pm PT if they were playing back East, and every businessman/woman would suddenly have an "end of the day meeting" to attend. I lived in Vancouver in 94 when they went all the way to the end, and believe me that definitely was the case. Most of the time your boss was at the table with you having a beer too.

Great idea at the Sabres game. I love Hockey towns!!

We still don't know who we will be playing. Right now there are only 2 pts separating the 5-8th place teams in the West. Anything could happen!! I'm freaking out thinking about playing Chicago (our nemesis) in the first round, but imagine what a huge mental boost it would be to take them out right away...

GA who are you guys playing? Do you know yet??

I still don't know who we are playing either. I've been checking their website, but can't find any information other than the first game first round starts Thursday, I think.

I love hockey towns too. The flags will be out in full force and the playoff specials on pizza and wings will be all over town! Since I live close to the border, there are a lot of Buffalo fans here, but I'm also close to Toronto, lots of Leaf fans here, (sorry Leafs, 3-1 Habs right now start of the 3rd) and there are a lot of French people in my area, therefore a lot Hab's fans. This brings out a good variety of car flags. I am not French, but as a little girl, we used to watch hockey with male cousins aunts uncles etc on Saturday nights. Most of them were Leaf fans, but only a couple of them were Hab's fans. I joined the Habs fans side just because it was 2 against all the others. Years later, when my son was born, he too became a Habs fan. He spent a fortune last year, went to Montreal and got tickets for two play off games. Other than that, we used to go to Buffalo all the time to watch games, big rival teams!

I stole my tag line from you! Thanks

ETA: I just noticed, next up after this game, Canucks vs Flames

I love HNIC... Good game, Montreal. Way to put a flourish on the regular season! Now we've got the Nucks and Flames. Go, Vancouver!!

I love HNIC too! They do such a great job!

Bring on the Bruins!!! They just announced it after the game. This will be a good series. Two of the original 6 teams. Wait, I suddenly am feeling nervous. I just rememberd that awful game when gloves came off and everyone was fighting even the goalies. Oh no, this is not going to be pretty!

Oh, I remember that fight too! you can actually find a clip of it on youtube.
    Goooo Montreal!! We have to wait until the games are over today to find out who we play. Yikes!!

NHLconnected NHL Connected
    Bloc leader Gilles Duceppe had requested Thursday's French-language debate be moved so as not to conflict with the #Habs game.
    3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Hockey comes first! above all else, even politics. Um excuse me? we are in the middle of an election! Oh well! Mr Duceppe knows it will be a waste of time to have the debate the same night as the first game of the playoffs.

Post it here Sweet, who the Canucks will be playing when you know. I probably won't hear about it unless I go looking for it and I'm sure you'll know before me.

+ Reply to Thread