+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4187284;
    Hockey Day this Saturday Feb 12th! I'm looking forward to it. It starts at noon Eastern. I plan on sitting around all day, and enjoying it. Its been so cold, and so much snow, it will be nice to treat myself to a lazy Saturday, for once!
    I love Hockey Day in Canada! I agree, it's the perfect day to laze around, especially as the weather is still so cold. Great matchups! Ottawa vs. Edmonton, Toronto vs. Montreal (a classic) and Vancouver vs. Calgary (big rivalry)...it's so much fun to watch an all Canadian day of Hockey!

I'm going to make shrimp chowder, from the food thread for the all day hockey! Yum!

As far as Mike Fisher's, cottage, its gorgeous. Peterborough is great cottage country. A good friend of mine has a cottage "up north" looks similar to the lake Mike is on. I go up once a year for the past 30 yrs, its a great way to spend the summer. (and winter for the snowmobile fanatics, we're too old for that now. ) I thought he was building a huge mansion in Ottawa? I'm sure I heard that at one point in time.

Yes they were building a place. The local realtors are looking for it to go on the market soon.

Well Ottawa is not to happy he's gone. He was there for 10yrs, and is their second best player. A radio station will never play CUnderwoods songs again, how foolish. Guys move around all the time. Ottawa beat Edmonton this afternoon, 5-3 after an 11 game loosing streak. Maybe now they will realize they all have to work for their paycheck! Sometimes that's why they trade their best players, a wake up call for the rest of them. Just a few years ago, the Sen's were so close to winning the Stanley Cup.

I'm getting ready for Toronto Montreal, 2nd game of the day! and I get to watch it in English! ( I usually have to watch Montreal on the French station, I know very little, next to nothing in French)

Celebrating Hockey Day in Canada, what a great job CBC has done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4190860;
    I'm getting ready for Toronto Montreal, 2nd game of the day! and I get to watch it in English! ( I usually have to watch Montreal on the French station, I know very little, next to nothing in French)
    I've done that before too. Thankfully hockey is a universal language

No, the radio station thing was a joke, apparently, because Underwood wasn't on their playlist anyway.

Well, it's an old story in hockey. Chris Pronger, anyone? Mind you, what player wouldn't want to go to the Preds instead of languishing in Ottawa? It's a good move for Fisher.

Hockey Day was a bust for me. Rangers lost Friday, and both the Caps and the Oilers lost yesterday.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I've done that before too. Thankfully hockey is a universal language
    If you think that's bad, in the 70s I used to listen to them on the French radio station. Not a clue what was going on, really, but I needed my hockey fix
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Misty: That's funny! I've done that as well. The only thing that lets you know what's going on is the excitment in the announcers voice!

Congrats to CBC and Calgary for an awesome opening to the Heritage Classic Game. Good old fashion outdoor hockey! Love those uniforms Calgary! but I have to root for my Canadiens!

Can someone please pinch me? My Canucks are 7 pts up at the top of the league?? C'mon boys, do NOT choke in the playoffs this time!!!

No choking in the playoffs Canucks! Do you hear me!

My Canadiens are 2nd in their Division right now although they lost Max Pacioretty the other night because of Chara from Boston. That was an awful hit, and to think his parents were in the stands watching that, jeepers. It scared the daylights out of me to watch Pacioretty on the ice, not moving one little bit, taken on a stretcher and no thumbs up sign.

I can't wait to hear what Don Cherry has to say about this, no game misconduct, no nothing for Chara. Carry on, with the ugly hits, it seems to be ok. But heaven forbid you flip a puck over the glass, whistle blows, penalty.

I love a fight in hockey, gloves dropped, and they go at it, after a minute or two, all is well. It seems to be getting ridiculous lately.

+ Reply to Thread