+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

I'm looking forward to the Heritage Classic! Another game I'm going to have ulcers over. No tix left already? Wow, they sure do go fast.

Is anyone watching the All Stars Skills Game?? I love the sound of that swoooshing puck!!! 104 mi per hour! I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow. nod

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4170611;
    Is anyone watching the All Stars Skills Game?? I love the sound of that swoooshing puck!!! 104 mi per hour! I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow. nod

I watched it. For the most part it was pretty interesting even though I was rooting for Team Lidstrom and they got their butts kicked.

The relay challenge was insane - those little tiny nets plus having to do complete circles around the cones. I would have been so dizzy!

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;4170987;
    I watched it. For the most part it was pretty interesting even though I was rooting for Team Lidstrom and they got their butts kicked.

The relay challenge was insane - those little tiny nets plus having to do complete circles around the cones. I would have been so dizzy!
    I watched it. I've watched a lot of the stuff going on, including the draft. It would be fun to go down there and join the party, but I've just been watching it on tv. Couldn't afford the tickets, or I would have gone to it, but i'm not a season ticket holder. Go Team Staal!
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Hockey Day this Saturday Feb 12th! I'm looking forward to it. It starts at noon Eastern. I plan on sitting around all day, and enjoying it. Its been so cold, and so much snow, it will be nice to treat myself to a lazy Saturday, for once!

The Preds traded for Mike Fisher. I wonder how much the fact that his wife lives in Nashville had to do with it?

Predators acquire Mike Fisher, Carrie Underwood's husband | The Tennessean | tennessean.com
    The Predators have acquired Ottawa forward Mike Fisher in exchange for Nashville’s first-round draft pick in the 2011 NHL Draft and a conditional pick in the 2012 draft.

Fisher, the husband of country superstar Carrie Underwood, is tied for his team’s lead in goals with 14 and is third in points (24).

“We were seeking a top-six forward and Mike Fisher was the player we set our sights on,” Predators General Manager David Poile said.

The 30-year-old Fisher also has plenty of playoff experience, having played in 75 postseason games.

Awwe, bye bye Mike Fisher. Good luck in Nashville. Nashville is in second place right now in their division, compared to last place Ottawa in their division. It sounds like the move was all good both professional and personal.

It was definitely a win-win situation for him. Doesn't he own a lot of acreage though and a big old country home where he does a lot of hunting up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4188561;
    It was definitely a win-win situation for him. Doesn't he own a lot of acreage though and a big old country home where he does a lot of hunting up there?
    What wife wants, wife gets. There've been rumours for a while that she was very unhappy that he was playing in Canada and wanted him closer to home. She would have even settled for LA.

Here's his "cabin" which he says is about a half hour away from his hometown of Peterborough.

YouTube - Mike Fisher's Cottage.mov

+ Reply to Thread