+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

I went for a walk with the family after the game, just to enjoy the sunshine. Came back to find that some hooligans are destroying a beautiful city and acting like goons. Way to represent, you lowlifes. I'm so sad for the team, and now I'm just sad that as Canadian we are now being tarnished by this idiocy. Stupid, stupid people.

Congrats to the Bruins.

Congrats to the Canucks for taking it all the way to the final, just shy one game. Its been a great season, leading up to this, the passion never ends. The highs and lows is what makes this such a great sport. Looking forward to the next season.

Canada stand tall (in spite of the heathen idiots) as there are more Canadians playing for Boston than for Vancouver.
    I can hardly wait to see that cup up close--Tim is gonna try to bring it to our hometown!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I went for a walk with the family after the game, just to enjoy the sunshine. Came back to find that some hooligans are destroying a beautiful city and acting like goons. Way to represent, you lowlifes. I'm so sad for the team, and now I'm just sad that as Canadian we are now being tarnished by this idiocy. Stupid, stupid people.
    ITA. I'm not just sad, though, I'm pissed. The silver lining is that those losers' moms, bosses, and probation officers are gonna see their dumb, drunk faces all over mainstream and social media, and there will be repercussions. Suck on that, you glass-smashing fire-setting heroes.
    M_shelll likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Congrats Boston! Not the outcome I was hoping for but you did well and deserve the cup. We just could not get it going after that first goal, still love the Canucks and still proud of Luongo! Pretty sad and ashamed of what happened after the game tho. There is so much of the bad stuff being shown on the news from last night, I wish they would focus a little more on the stories of people standing out front of stores to stop looters, despite being threatened and in some cases beat up, there are a lot people coming out today to help clean up too. A friend of mine has a food cart downtown and they’re trading free lunch to anyone that brings a full bag of garbage that they’ve gathered on the streets. These are the REAL fans!! Not a bunch of losers with bandanas covering their faces as they burn and smash stuff.

Fall seven times …stand up eight!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Hooray for the Bruins. I'm so bummed we're heading home to Mass next weekend and not this one. But I'm sure the celebrating will continue and the kids are asking to go to the Garden, so we'll be heading there.

I know most won't feel this way but I thought it was a fantastic series with some fantastic plays and I mean that for both teams. The 5th game's goal by LaPierre (sp?) off the boards was perfect. As much as it hurt when he scored, it doesn't get much prettier than that. And, also, the Bruins had some beautiful plays as well.

I didn't think Thomas came off as smug but maybe I'm biased. At least he didn't make a comment like Luongo did after Game 5, though. But with the kind of net play like he had, Thomas can smile and cheer all he wants; I won't hold it against him - lol. For all I know, we crossed paths at some parties at UVM while my sister was there (they graduated the same year). Small world, huh.

I'm sorry for the craziness that ensued after the game last night. It's a shame that a few crazies act stupid and do things like that. We still think it's a gorgeous city with lots of nice people.

GA - you mentioned being superstitious - I didn't visit this forum after the 6th game because I didn't want to post something that might jinx the B's. I also made my kids stay in the room to watch the puck drops at the beginning of each game, even when DD didn't want to. (Game 5 we were looking away at the dog and they didn't see Games 1 or 2.) Growing up a Boston sports fan, you learn about superstitions at a young age and you don't mess with them.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

csw: that's funny !!!!! I'm going to tell you something, when I saw Horton? I think it was him, bring water from Boston in a water bottle, and pour it on the ice during practice, I knew we were doomed! After all, a loonie (canadian dollar) was placed in the ice during the 2002 Winter Olympics, the Canadian men and ladies hockey teams both won gold that year and again in 2010 Winter Olympics when the concrete maker put three Canadian Loonies underneath the pad, both the Canadian men and ladies won gold again.

When Mark Recchi (who is a sweetie and I remember him from the World Juniors when he was young, and he played for my team for a few years ) said he was going to retire if he won the cup, his main reason for staying was to help the guys that never won, how sweet!!! Doom number two!

I've seen the Stanley Cup, a couple of times, its an amazing trophey. It will be making its way to my city sometime this summer, since Horton and Paille are born and raised here. Have fun at the Garden!

AJ: Love love love your post!

mshell: I've read a couple of articles online today about the citizen's of Vancouver getting out in the street and cleaning up. That is awesome! Give your friend a high five for me. Those are the stories that need to be in the headlines. No words can express my opinion on people who have no respect for something that's not theirs, something they didn't work for, to just take it upon themselves and destroy it, makes my blood boil.

It was a fantastic series, a fantastic season and a fantastic playoff. There were so many great games all season and during the playoffs.

I love this game so much, I can't wait till the schedule comes out for next season. Its usually announced after the awards in Vegas, next week sometime. Also, they are suppose to have exhibition games in Europe before the season starts.

I'm off to the sunny south in beautiful Ft Myers Beach on Saturday for a week. There won't be any talk of hockey there. Have a great week, and don't forget to watch the awards on June 22nd!

ETA: I forgot to mention, Battle of the Blades is coming back this fall! I'm not sure if its televised on the U.S stations? Its former hockey players paired up with professional figure skaters and they have to wear figure skates and perform dance routines. Its my favourite reality TV Show. There is a thread for it on Fort.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 06-16-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

As some people here may know, I live in Vancouver, not too far from downtown, and letting people here know that me and my family are okay and were not physically affected by the riot, as we were home the entire time. I am really pissed off about it, though, and feel bad for everyone that was affected, as well as for the city itself, of course. Was hoping it wouldn't happen again if we lost, as I know what happened the last time Canucks made the finals in 1994. Feeling angry now knowing I live in the same city as most of these idiots. People that "brag" about their actions on their facebooks as if it's something to be proud of. Thankfully there are websites and facebook pages among other things dedicated to identifying the culprits through photos that were taken, as well as screenshots of numerous idiotic facebook posts like those mentioned above.

Anyway, talking about the NHL, good luck next year, Canucks. I'm not that big a fan but had to watch the last couple games as either one of them could have been the winning one.

I hope the sheer stupidity and arrogance of these fools is what does them in. I hope they post pictures and brag about their cowardly and ignorant acts, and then they get a knock at their door from the police as a result. Stupid people, they are NOT fans of the Canucks.

It was heartwarming to see the photos of people in Vancouver giving up their time to volunteer to help clean up the streets and businesses affected by the riots last night. These are the classy people that live in Vancouver, as well as those who tried to stand up to the rioters and were assaulted as a result. I have no respect for those who think they can do as they please with no regard for the well being of others or their property. Just sheer stupid ignorant hooligans. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Hooray for the Bruins. I'm so bummed we're heading home to Mass next weekend and not this one. But I'm sure the celebrating will continue and the kids are asking to go to the Garden, so we'll be heading there.

I know most won't feel this way but I thought it was a fantastic series with some fantastic plays and I mean that for both teams. The 5th game's goal by LaPierre (sp?) off the boards was perfect. As much as it hurt when he scored, it doesn't get much prettier than that. And, also, the Bruins had some beautiful plays as well.

I didn't think Thomas came off as smug but maybe I'm biased. At least he didn't make a comment like Luongo did after Game 5, though. But with the kind of net play like he had, Thomas can smile and cheer all he wants; I won't hold it against him - lol. For all I know, we crossed paths at some parties at UVM while my sister was there (they graduated the same year). Small world, huh.

I'm sorry for the craziness that ensued after the game last night. It's a shame that a few crazies act stupid and do things like that. We still think it's a gorgeous city with lots of nice people.

GA - you mentioned being superstitious - I didn't visit this forum after the 6th game because I didn't want to post something that might jinx the B's. I also made my kids stay in the room to watch the puck drops at the beginning of each game, even when DD didn't want to. (Game 5 we were looking away at the dog and they didn't see Games 1 or 2.) Growing up a Boston sports fan, you learn about superstitions at a young age and you don't mess with them.
    I agree with you, but maybe I'm biased too. Over a month later and sometimes I still can't believe it.

Vancouver is a beautiful city and it's really a shame that some crazy people had to act like they did.

+ Reply to Thread