+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

This is going to be a long 36 hours. They are so much better than that. Intimidation is at its highest level, and unfortunately its working for the Bruins IMO.

Go Bruins!

I am not too confident in their ability to win at Vancouver though.
    Either team winning the cup is good IMO--this has been a FANtastic series.

Well. That was painful. My only consolation is, they didn't give up and got two goals. Against Thomas, and the Boston team, in Boston, that's about all we can hope for apparently. It will be a very different team in Vancouver, I hope.

Lou, you'd better take that long walk along the seawall again, buddy. You also better have that crazy-man look in your eyes like you did at game 7 against the Hawks. ಠ_ಠ

At this point, as exciting and sometimes painful as it has been, I'm ready for the season to end, for them to win it all, and for my life to go back to normal. There will be thousands and thousands of fans there, giving their all. Let's hope my team gives their all as well. Hit hard, take it to them with both feet on the gas pedal, and don't look back.

I'm not a Canucks fan and I found it painful to watch, too. Thomas is a smug little p***k...however, he's been near perfect. When the Nucks win tomorrow - and I'm pretty confident they will - Luongo will prolly get series MVP, but Thomas' play has been superior (and, needless to say, consistent). I'm trying to hold Lou's win for Team Canada in my head, but his play in this series...well, hot and cold doesn't even begin to cover it.

Overall, crap series with crappy play and crappier sportsmanship. Dislike, dislike, dislike. Anyone with kids in hockey should steer them away from the TV lest they think this is the way to play the game.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mason Raymond has a fratured vertebrae so he'll be out for several months. That hit looked so bad, they folded him in half and smushed him into the boards, it's lucky that he wasn't hurt worse. I really like him, he's so quick! When ever I hear his name I reapeat it back in my head like the announcer for Conan ...MaaAASSSOOON RaaaAAyMMMmooonnndd!!! Hope he recovers quickly, sad that he'll miss game 7 tho!
    I'm glad there's only one game left ...and that it's a home game! GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Go Bruins!

This is it!! This is what we live for! I too need to get my life back to normal, these last few months have been a roller coaster of emotions!

My only beef in all this, is I'm sick and tired of hearing how good Thomas is, yes he's good, but if the Bruins win, they have their goalie to thank, not the players. There behaviour on ice, is less than desirable. Zero sportsmanship from the players and some of the fans, they accuse a player of diving, and faking, meanwhile he has a broken back. The coaches statements in the media, has been like school kids on the playground. I thought a lot of Thomas, however when that second goal was scored, then called back, that smug look on his face did it for me. As you can tell, my emotions are coming out only because I've been through this already all season with Montreal, the 5 games or so they play the Bruins, then again during the playoffs. We've lost a couple of players because of their unsportsmanship plays.

Everything aside, all season long, it comes to this. The one who wins this game, wins the Stanley Cup. Its been a long 9 months, and here we go! This is it! Now score some goals Canucks, and get back to what got you The Presidents Trophey, the team that won more games than any other team in the league!

I want to see Gary Buttman hand the Stanley Cup to a Canadian team, that's it that's all for me.

Go Canucks! Have fun everyone!

Game 7! Game 7! Let's go Canucks!

100,000+ on the streets of Vancouver cheering on their team. Awesome

Sidenote: Really Don - you pick that pattern for tonight? Yikes!

@sarahgalashan: It's shoulder to shoulder in downtown vancouver....one nothing for boston. #bringithome #canucks. yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/hssehxmj Shared by sarahgalashan

Don Cherry's suit looks like a couch in the 60's.

I still love my team. Hang in there, Canucks. You had an awesome year, just couldn't bring home the prize. Thanks for the run, it was awesome.

+ Reply to Thread