+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

I'm a happy girl tonight!! I had to take my daughter to watch a friend's dance recital, but they announced the score of the game at the intermission to a very loud "WAHOO!" from the crowd. When they said Lapierre scored, I was absolutely ecstatic!

Mr. S said the refs were absolutely brutal in the 1st, but the team kept their composure and Lou got a shutout! YES!!

1 more win, do it on Monday!! The Stanley Cup will be in the building...if that's not motivation, I don't know what is. Just WIN THIS.

As much as I would love for them to be able to win at home and celebrate with the fans - I don't want to take any chances. Let's get er done in Boston!

I forgot to say, as soon as he scored, I thought of your avi sweet. I'm so supersitious its ridiculous!

football chick: I was watching cbc news after the game too, wow, so exciting. Its awesome to watch the crowds and the support they are getting. That's a lot of people in the streets, at the Rogers Arena bars etc. I love seeing happy hockey crowds!!!

Monday night, just win it! I don't care that its in Boston, just win it and #bringithome!!!

I think I embarrassed myself in the theatre during the dance recital when they said Lapierre scored. I let out a shriek!

The Sedin's show such poise and class. Millbury should stop using female references as derogatory comments about players. It's pathetic and says more about who he is as a person than the people he's referring to. It's the same for fans who refer to the twins as "sisters" or call Lapierre "Maxine" - implying that they are women and therefore inferior. Disgusting.

I do love Henrik's comment to his son, though.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/11/sedins-fire-back-at-milbury-comment

VANCOUVER - After moving to within a game of becoming Stanley Cup champions, the Sedins took a minute to fire back at television commentator Mike Milbury.

The former New York Islanders general manager, working on Versus, called the twins "Thelma and Louise," after they have accounted for just four points in the final.

"By all means, stay on Thelma and Louise, I mean Henrik and Daniel," said Milbury, referring to the characters in the movie of the same name starring Susan Sarandon and Gina Davis.

Henrik Sedin heard about it from his son.

"That wasn’t too much fun," he said following last night’s 1-0 Canucks victory over the Bruins in Game 5. "My son told me a man was making fun of me and Uncle Danny on TV. I said that can't be true because that's what usually happens in kindergarten. That's what happened. Sometimes grown-ups have low self-esteem and get on guys and say stupid stuff.

"I think he has to be happy with his career," Henrik added. "He did a great job on Long Island. I'm sure he is happy with that."

Zing.

"Usually, the guys who sit in those situations, they're called experts," said Daniel. "They're there for a reason, I think. We don't really worry about those kind of comments. He made a bad comment about us, calling us women. I don't know how he looks at women. I would be pretty mad if I was a woman.

I love that comback! good for them! They are acting like children, maybe they are trying to get under their skin, but its nice to see comebacks like that. These types of comments have a way of coming back, what goes around comes around.

There are tweets all around the world from Canuck fans, tweeting where they'll be watching the game or looking for places to gather to watch. Asia, Scotland, London, Australia, energy flowing from all parts of the world!!! Its game day! Dallas Mavs just won the NBA title away, lets do it in hockey too! Sadly there's no hockey items (yet ) in my area representing the Canucks, so we are wearing our Vancouver Olympic T shirts. #bringithome #winningaway

Go Canucks Go!!!

ETA: Oh I just remembered, I have the Olympic Mitts too!!! Whatever it takes!

Stopping in to give props to our hometown boy - Tim Thomas. He seems to be doing quite a job in the net for the Beantown boys.
    Tonight should be a great game!

Just read that the Canuck's owners chartered a 2nd plane to take family members of some of the players and coaches, as well as some staff members, to Boston for tonight's game. There were 160 people on the flight. They interviewed Christian Erhoff whose wife came along, leaving her two little girls at home to be looked after by Grandma. That is such a hugely nice gesture by the Aquilini brothers.

Ana Banana Tim Thomas is an amazing goalie!! Frustrating as all heck for Canuck's fans but definitely a prize for Boston. Just hope we can find a way around him tonight.

I'm nervous and kind of sick to my stomach, but excited and trying not to be. What a roller coaster this has all been for Canuck's fans. I can't help feeling like we are due for one of "those games" where everything bounces our way. I hope tonight is the night we see 40 years' drought end. I have everything crossed and am offering up prayers to the hockey gods. Please, let this be our night.

Sweetpea - I hope you are wrong.

Tim is a childhoold friend of my youngest brother. They went to school together, and when he was in high school, he transferred to a nearby district with a better hockey program. Definitely the right decision. (That same district also produced the goalie for the US Mens Hockey "Miracle" team.)

Ana Banana: Thomas certianly is one heck of a goalie. That's nice and well deserved that you are giving him props!

I on the other hand have two hometown boys on the Boston team, Horton (sadly he's been injured but I hear he's doing well) and Paille, good luck but #winningontheroad tonight for the Canucks! Kevin Bieksa is from Grimsby which is 30 min's or so from me.

We need Thomas to close those eyes behind his head!

The NHL Awards are in Las Vegas on Jun 22nd for those who are interested! I enjoy watching that, I don't recognize anyone, they look so different all dolled up!

+ Reply to Thread