+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    .. Do you all know if we're watching the same broadcast with the same commentators? Just curious.
    I don't think so. We watch on CBC in Canada. Are you watching NBC?

The Horton hit is all over our local papers and radio stations. He is a hometown boy so of course its everywhere. Two sides to the story and its all very interesting to listen to. He should have had his head up, the hit was late by a second, if it wasn't late, even though he got hurt, it would have been a clean hit, no penalty no game suspensions. There have been many clean hits causing injuries with no penalties or suspensions. Its difficult to draw the line sometimes but for me its always worse when the person hitting didn't mean any injury or harm and was just playing the game. Rome is that guy, I'm sure he was just playing his game.

I think emotions get to an all time high, and it becomes a tit for tat situation trying to get under the skin of each other. One of the announcers said there was more chopping than all the trees in B.C referring to all the stick chopping going on behind the scene. So now both teams are down players, I hope they got it out of their system, and come out to play to win!

G◎ G◎ G◎ Canucks!!!!

#bringithome

OMG I am finding this too difficult to watch. We are playing well, but Thomas is definitely winning the goaltender battle in Boston.

We will still come back, I know we will!!

Sorry, GA, I have to disagree. Rome's skates actually left the ice when he delivered the hit. I'm absolutely sure he had no intention of sending Horton to the hospital, but the suspension is exactly what he deserved. I was sick to my stomach when I saw the fear in Nathan Horton's eyes when he was lying on the ice. Besides being a lifelong fan, I have a kid in hockey and I work in an ER, and the amount of concussions suffered by players is completely out of hand. The actions of the pros are having a trickle-down effect on younger players. Kids start hitting in Peewee, and as a result you've got 13-year-olds coming to the hospital with concussions. It's just. not. OK.

Bryan Hall is a very well-known sports broadcaster in Edmonton. He had some very interesting things to say about the repercussions of the hit for the Canucks. The "eye for an eye" stuff is silly, of course - the loss of Rome for the Nucks certainly isn't equal to the loss of Horton for the Bruins, but Hall thought that the incident may be a game-changer, as it would spark the Bruins. Hall has maintained all along the Cup is the Nucks' to lose this year, but he's now completely reversed his prediction. He claims he's seen it happen before. I don't have a dog in this Cup fight - I'm neither a Nucks nor a Bruins fan, and if a Canadian kid raises the Cup, I don't care which team is paying his salary - and I don't think Hallsy is Kreskin, but from what I've seen so far tonight, I think he might be on to something...unless the Vancouver crowd manages to reignite their team.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ugh, this game is painful to watch!

I watched the first two periods, and could not bring myself to watch the 3rd. I don't think I've ever done that while watching hockey. Too much acadamy award performances going on, unfortunatley the Canucks are loosing their cool and playing the same style to get back at them.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the suspension re: Horton. As a Habs fan, there were a few occasions where there were no fines or suspensions. Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty in March, where he nailed him to the turnbuckle, he suffered a severe concussion and a fractured vertebra. The hit was a "little late", Max didn't have the puck, the Habs were up 4-0 in the 2nd. That was a payback for the o/t goal Max scored against Boston in January and the fact they were loosing 4-0. If anyone wants to see a scary hit, you tube it. Chara got a game misconduct for that. There was another game sometime in January when they got beat by the Habs, at the end of the game Chara started swinging at everyone and anyone one. I've had my share of watching my players injured with no diciplinary action.

They have Thomas to thank. Unfortunately it took the Horton hit for them to "come alive" is what I'm reading today? That's no reason but only an excuse to continue playing at their sneaky dirty level. If you watch closely, you will see all sorts of stuff that isn't called. BTW the Habs Bruins series was a much higher scoring game on both sides, so it can be done! Go Canucks, get it past Thomas.

The Canucks have to get their power play in order. You guys are killer power players! Remember the 3 p/p goals in like a minute and a half agains the Sharks? You are President Trophey Winners! You can do it! Bring it home!

This series is eerily reminiscent of the Chicago series. I can only hope we get it together at home and play like we can, without all the crap going on. This isn't exciting hockey, it's juvenile. It definitely has thrown the Canucks off their game, especially their power play which can be deadly. I hope game 5 is back to the style the Canucks play, at home, so they can stop trying to play this tit-for-tat chippy crap. I will miss part of the game to take my daughters to the local music school fair they hold every year, but I'll have my fingers crossed that the Canucks can ignore the crap and go back to playing exciting hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    This series is eerily reminiscent of the Chicago series. I can only hope we get it together at home and play like we can, without all the crap going on. This isn't exciting hockey, it's juvenile. It definitely has thrown the Canucks off their game, especially their power play which can be deadly. I hope game 5 is back to the style the Canucks play, at home, so they can stop trying to play this tit-for-tat chippy crap. I will miss part of the game to take my daughters to the local music school fair they hold every year, but I'll have my fingers crossed that the Canucks can ignore the crap and go back to playing exciting hockey.
    We were thinking of the Hawks series as we watched too ...hopefully we can turn the next couple of games back around again, its heartbreaking to watch them play like this. We just couldn't get anything past Thomas, we had a few really close calls, but we need to grab those rebounds and dunk them! It was getting really annoying to watch all the school yard bickering, both teams need to put the crap out of their heads and just PLAY the game!

Go Canucks Go!!! I know you guys got this, just relax and play the game the Canuck way!

Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll View Post
    We were thinking of the Hawks series as we watched too ...hopefully we can turn the next couple of games back around again, its heartbreaking to watch them play like this. We just couldn't get anything past Thomas, we had a few really close calls, but we need to grab those rebounds and dunk them! It was getting really annoying to watch all the school yard bickering, both teams need to put the crap out of their heads and just PLAY the game!

Go Canucks Go!!! I know you guys got this, just relax and play the game the Canuck way!
    From your fingers to their ears, M-Shell!!

+ Reply to Thread