+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

There are some pretty funny puns out there right now. "Burrows takes a bite out of Boston" He usually responds to criticism by playing even harder, thus the 2 goals and 1 assist on Sat night. It's funny, the other night Don Cherry sheepishly admitted that he had gnawed on a glove or two during his time playing, said the scrums that happened after the whistle involved the usual pushing and shoving, and often hair pulling and biting.

In all seriousness, it was a silly thing to do, but the smelly glove was in his mouth and even the linesman said to Bergeron, "hey, you stick your glove in someone's mouth, chances are they are going to bite it!" It's happened before, and it will probably happen again, but IMO it wasn't a game-changing infraction. He got a 4 minute penalty, which many think was the right call.

Almost time!!

C'mon 'Nucks, win one on the road!!

Want to see some craziness...google youtube and find the video entitled "Bruins go into the stands" - it was the 70s and a rough time in hockey. I guess some of the New York fans were heckling the Bruins at the end of the game, and suddenly the players were leaping over the glass and into the stands and were BEATING on the fans!! It was an all-out brawl. The most ironic thing is, the player who took off a guy's shoe and proceeded to beat him with his own shoe is non other than Mike Millbury, who now does commentary for NBC and who said that Burrow's "biting" incident was despicable, should have been a suspension, and is harming the integrity of the league....this from a guy who beat a fan with his own shoe!! :ROFL

I decided to use my 1000th post to cheer on the Canucks!

I missed the game Saturday night but will definitely be watching tonight.

* click click click *

Congrats football chick!

csw: Its ok, there's nothing like "your team" playing in the finals regardless of where you are!

This gave me chills!

canucksgame Canucks Game
    RT @CanucksFIN: I just helped Premier Christy Clark and Dave Babych light the Olympic cauldron for the Canucks! Canucks torch is lit on Twitpic
    Here we go! Go Canucks! Take one (andtwo) on the road!!!

#bringithome

OMG did you see that crowd in Vancouver? and the Rogers arena is sold out! Holy Cow!!!! Go Canucks!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 06-06-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    OMG did you see that crowd in Vancouver? and the Rogers arena is sold out! Holy Cow!!!! Go Canucks!
    What's nice about that is the $$ raised is going to charity. Apparently it was $10 to get a ticket. That's a lot of $$ raised!!

that's sooo nice the money goes to charity, I didn't know that.

2;45 min left in the 2nd oh oh blood!!! high stick!

Good Lord, did we ever stink this one up!!

C'mon boys, we'll rebound and win the next one.

I had a feeling that hit by Rome at the begining of the game, was going to pi$$ off a few people

How fitting my inspirational message this morning was forget the past, forget the future, the present is now. Ok boys, focus on now! Regroup and get back to your game!

That was quite the game and not in a good way! I didn't watch the whole thing and I'm really glad I didn't. I don't think I would have been able to stand it!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Wow, what a game!

Sweetpea, I had no idea re: Mike Millbury - that's crazy! Talk about the pot calling the kettle... Do you all know if we're watching the same broadcast with the same commentators? Just curious.

Yeah, the hit by Rome was scary. My stomach was in my throat when they showed a shot of his eyes and you could see he wasn't with it. Not fun to try to explain to the kids why he wasn't moving. Yes, I think the incident helped boost the B's and their drive to win but their loss of Horton's play in the lineup balanced that out, I think.

Before Horton went down, it was obvious the Bruins were hitting more than the previous 2 games and I think that played a major part in the win. That said, I think some of those hits were out of line and I wasn't crazy about Lucic's punch to Burrows later on. That was uncalled for. Coach Julien says he doesn't want his players to continue playing that way. I have to agree. I'm all for clean shots and hope the finals won't deteriorate into bad blood.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Oh I agree, my stomach was in my throat after that hit. Rome issued a statement today saying he hopes Horton is ok, and feels for his family, etc. Said also that having been the recipient of a hit that took him out for quite a few games, he in no way would want any other player to experience that. Also said he didn't want to take anymore away from his teammates right now, so would issue a further statement after the series. The thing about Rome is, he's not a thug player, I don't think he's ever been suspended before for something like this. He threw a hard hit which was late and which unfortunately took out a very good player. I think he feels terrible.

I also agree, way too many hits and stupid stuff last night. I hope tomorrow is better, or I think I will take a break from watching. I love hockey, but have no desire to see stuff like that last game. I actually couldn't sleep last night I was so upset about all of it. I think I'm too soft-hearted for hockey!!

I also read that both teams were informed that the next player to wave their fingers in someone's mouth will get 2 minutes and a 10 minute misconduct. Good!!
    Grown men acting like babies, all of them.

It's nice to be on this board talking hockey with rational people. I was checking out another hockey board and it is vicious right now, by stupid fans on both sides. It's sad. I won't go back.

Here's to a good, clean game tomorrow. I may not be watching though. Not sure I have the stomach for it.

+ Reply to Thread