+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post

There`s going to be a wedding in the second period!!! Now that`s a hockey fan!
    She won a contest "What would you do to get SCF tickets" by saying she would postpone her wedding in May and get married during the game. I would have done that!!

Burrows!!!

csw!!!!! Nice to see you here!!!

BURROWS!!! BURROWS!!! Playoff hockey is always such good hockey, but these two teams are outdoing themselves!! Love love love this series!!

Thomas is absolutely amazing to watch. I swear he has eyes behind his head!!!

Here is a great article on Burrows.

Kelly: Burrows

Nice little comfy lead!!! I'm glad the next game is tomorrow night!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

csw!!!!! Nice to see you here!!!

I'm glad the next game is tomorrow night!!
    Hey there!

Congrats to all with that shot in OT - nothing I can say 'bout it other than that though I did have some choice words last night for Thomas after it happened.

DH asked me what I'd be watching tomorrow - as if there was a choice between the Finals or the Bach'ette - I'm excited to see them playing in Boston!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Boston will be ROCKING tomorrow night, of that I have no doubt!! Should be a good game and I really think a very hard one for the Canucks to win as the Bruins feed off the energy of their fans.

DH and I, listening to Thomas last night, both said how much we like and admire him. He just seems like such a cool, calm nice guy. He definitely has his own style and sometimes that make for heroics and sometimes it just doesn't go his way. I was thrilled that Burrows was so patient and didn't try to get a shot right at Thomas as he will always stop that. What I was amazed at, frankly, was Burrows' ability to fight off Chara around the back of the net and somehow reach that puck around and in. Chara could throw Burrows around like a rag doll!!

On HNiC last night Burrows confirmed that he doesn't pay attention to the negative press but his Dad does, and told him to score a goal and hurt them where it counts, on the scoreboard. Good boy, Burrows!! Between the game winning OT goal against Chicago and now this one? He's having a heck of a run right now!

Not only is it game day, but I get to see the gorgeous Riaz!!! Remember him? Oh the fun we had with him during Jillian's season.

VanCanucks Vancouver Canucks
    Bus of 40 #Canucks fans touring Boston spreading #Canucks fever! yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/h3nq7sgj Shared by
    This is the way I see it. The Canucks know the Gardens, will be rocking hard. They are going in to play and win regardless of the fans. (Although from what I'm reading today, there will be a lot of Canuck fans there) Boston on the other hand, has all the pressure to win. If they end the night down 3-0 they know the hole they will have to try and dig themselves out of.

Claude Julien is saying some not so nice things today about Max Lapierre. I think it might be his way of trying to throw him off, unfortunately for Claude, Lappy probably loves it because there is a little bad blood there when Julien coached him when they were both with the Canadiens.

csw: It will be great for you to watch the game in Boston with all the wild fans! What a thrill to watch your team play in the finals, at home to boot!

I've seen a couple of cars in my area with the Canucks window flags! I know all my Hab fans friends are rooting for the Canucks as well. From East to West we are supporting the Canucks!

Go Canucks! #bringithome

csw: It will be great for you to watch the game in Boston with all the wild fans! What a thrill to watch your team play in the finals, at home to boot!
    Sadly, I moved and am not in Boston anymore. We're just outside of Atlanta (hence my sadness at the Thrashers leaving). So while I've got A TON of friends who will be partying it up in the Boston area (and I'm betting at least a couple have tickets), I'll be watching the game from down here...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Thinking I'm going to need a Burrows jersey next <3 I'm glad there was only 11 seconds of overtime, it was so exciting but I'd love a nice relaxing blow out ...don't think I'll be seeing that with Thomas in net tho! Can't wait to get out from this desk and back to the edge of my couch.

Click Click Click ...Go Canucks Go!!!

*click click CLICK!!*

As much as I'd love to see a blow out tonight, I'll just settle for a win. I know it is going to be very difficult though, as the B's are going to be on fire. I'd love to see an early goal on Thomas though. I have heard he sometimes is a little slow to start in the period, so an early goal to silence the crowd would be perfect.

I know there will be a lot of boo'ing when Lappy or Burrows are on the ice. These guys are HATED! Lappy would drive me to distraction of he weren't on our team. He's been such an asset for us in these playoffs, what a great thing to get him at the deadline! And yes, a Burrows jersey would be my next choice, although I'll stick with Linden for a while yet. :wink

Go Canucks Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    *click click CLICK!!*

As much as I'd love to see a blow out tonight, I'll just settle for a win. I know it is going to be very difficult though, as the B's are going to be on fire. I'd love to see an early goal on Thomas though. I have heard he sometimes is a little slow to start in the period, so an early goal to silence the crowd would be perfect.

I know there will be a lot of boo'ing when Lappy or Burrows are on the ice. These guys are HATED! Lappy would drive me to distraction of he weren't on our team. He's been such an asset for us in these playoffs, what a great thing to get him at the deadline! And yes, a Burrows jersey would be my next choice, although I'll stick with Linden for a while yet. :wink

Go Canucks Go!!
    Why spend the $$ on a Burrows jersey when you could just buy a t-shirt with a picture of some teeth on it. I can tell you that's what he'll be known for in Boston, regardless of how the series ends...

+ Reply to Thread