+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

I agree sweet. There's so much going on behind the scene that the ref's don't see or call, its annoying. They are sneaky like that, always have been. I've watched them all season. They played Montreal 5 or 6 times, plus Toronto Buffalo and all the other eastern teams that I get on cable. Tim Thomas is steady as a rock, he's an amazing goalie and that's why the Canucks PP wasn't effective. They just need to find that special little spot where they can sneak it by him. ( 6 or 7 times would be nice ) But I suppose they already know that.

I read somewhere today, Burrows said, he doesn't remember if he actually bit Bergeron's finger or not and said something to the effect of you stick a finger in my mouth what do you expect me to do? If you find it on youtube, you can see its hardly a bite, Bergeron shoved his glove in Burrows face. Then Bergeron skates off trying to show his boo boo on his finger to the linesman.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 06-03-2011 at 04:02 PM.

I read in The Province today that the green men are suggesting fans come to the game on Saturday with a bandaged finger, in support of Burrows. Uh oh.

Wow... Winnipeggers don't play around

Fans in Winnipeg waited 15 years to get an NHL team back, so when tickets went on sale, they apparently weren’t in the mood to wait any longer.

Season tickets for the city’s new National Hockey League franchise sold out just 17 minutes after sales had opened to the public Saturday.

In total, True North Sports and Entertainment’s ‘Drive to 13,000’ season-ticket campaign lasted less than 72 hours.

The pre-sale set aside exclusively for Manitoba Moose season-ticket and mini-pack holders and corporate sponsors reached 7,158 by Friday afternoon with the remaining 5,842 commitments gobbled up quickly not long after the online window opened Saturday.

Read more: http://www.globalwinnipeg.com/Winnip...#ixzz1OL5szjx6

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Wow... Winnipeggers don't play around
    Take that, Mr. Bettman!

Game Day!!

at the bandaid on finger! That is so funny!!!!!

Can you believe those tickets sales!!?? I'm so flipping happy for Winnipeg and all Canadians. Too bad Mr Buttman didn't move Pheonix to Quebec at the same time, just think of all the revenue he's missing out on! He's such a turd.

If this doesn't make the NHL NHLPA and everyone else invloved, realize they are missing the boat, I don't know what will. Also, I was listening to a talk sports radio program, who were talking about this is the highest ratings in Hockey for the US networks, and they were discussing why. I was driving otherwise I would have called in, its because its a US Team vs a Canadian Team IMO, not because its one of the original 6 teams as they were concluding.

Its almost game time!!! Go Canucks! (I need to go find a bandaid )

Your favourite player sweet, Trevor Linden was on with Ron McLean!!! My has he aged very well!!

PM Harper being interviewed, here's some facts I didn't know. Montreal held the Olympics, they won the Stanley Cup. Calgary held the Olympics, they won the Stanley Cup, Vancouver held the Olympics ____ ____ ___ ______ ___!!!!!

I had no idea who Manny Malhotra was, or what happened to him, I googled it, geesh! another puck in the face, this time in his eye! and two surgeries later. Glad he`s back on the ice!

Its almost time to drop the puck!

ETA:Brian Adams singing `cuts like a knife` and they showed Bergeron`s finger

I at the 'cuts like a knife' - total homage to the finger cut!!

Loved seeing Randy Bachman singing with The Odds, the Canuck's 'house band.' Funny story about The Odds. Mr. S and I met at The Roxy almost 20 years ago, a hugely popular nightclub on Granville St. in Vancouver. The Odds played there as The Dawn Patrol, a kooky band who played 60s and 70s music. So cool to see them play every night at the games!!

Manny being back is a huge deal. I think they are putting him in this game so that if we do win, he will get his name on the cup. He deserves it. Manny!!!

GOAL!! BURROWS!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

Back in the big leagues: NHL returns to Winnipeg - Winnipeg Free Press

It's a done deal, the Jets are back in Winnipeg. I only wish I was back home right now so I could join the celebration. I was there for the funeral in '96.
    BOO!! Glad someone's happy about this. Our kids are finally old enough to start taking them to games and now the Thrashers are leaving. I'm glad for the fun times we had but we're going to miss going to their games.

That said....

GO BRUINS!!! While I may live in the Atlanta area now, I'm from the Boston area and the Bruins will always be my #1 hockey team.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Awwe that`s a sweet story, sweet

So much energy outside the Rogers arena, one massive party!

There`s going to be a wedding in the second period!!! Now that`s a hockey fan!

Burrows 8th goal of the playoffs!

+ Reply to Thread