+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

WAHOOOOOOOOO!!! TORRESSSSSS!!!

I seriously called it. Said to Mr. S just two or three minutes before, I hope Torres scores, and then BAM!

I'm so freaking happy right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    That would not be ideal! But only because I'm a Rider fan!

Back to the more important matter currently! It's game day!
    Go Riders!

Can you believe that game!!! Lucky #13 Torres makes it one step closer to bringing it home!

Great call sweet! Um can you do your predictions every game!

I was going to walk away and get ready for o/t around the 2 minute mark, and thought to myself, don't move. That game reminded me of Sharks and Bruins game 7, tied at 0 late in the 3rd, Bruins scored late and advanced to the SCF.

How are we ever going to wait till Saturday!!!

(You know what the stats are when the team wins game 1 of the SCF. )

Yay on the Canucks win, but I thought it would go into OT for sure! I had filpped to catch something and missed the goal! Good thing they replayed it!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    (You know what the stats are when the team wins game 1 of the SCF. )
    Yup. They go on to win something like 85% of the time??

I felt the same way you did, GA, about a late goal being scored. I really, really wanted Torres to score for some reason, don't know why exactly. Kesler though was the real hero on that play. He prevented them shooting the puck out of their zone and kept it onside by, literally, a centimetre. They did the frame by frame on it and it was onside but it was darned close. Good call, linesman, as it could have gone either way.

I really like Tim Thomas. He seems to have so much heart and character, and he literally carried his team last night. He was out of position though, so hopefully the Canucks can keep capitalizing on that. Tempers were pretty high last night, it's going to be an emotional series. I hope we can put it away in 5 or 6, as a game 7 will do damage to my nerves.

Whhhooooooo!!!! So glad we didn't have to go into overtime, the front edge of my couch is getting worn out
    And I'm really happy that they didn't end up suspending Burrows, you don't put your fingers in someones mouth if you don't want 'em to get bit. There's a few Boston fans (and few anyone but Vancouver fans aka Flames fans haha) around my office so it's going to be a fun series, especially if we can do it in 5 or 6 games! Saturday can't come soon enough!!!

(Go Riders Go! )

No game 7!!! No game 7!!!! No game 7!!!!! ~~~~~

shell: You made me laugh at the thought of the edge of your couch being worn out.

A hockey game is truly never over until the clock strikes zero, last night was living proof!

Check out Stamkos's nose. He's the Tampa Bay player that took the puck in the face. If you go to TB's website, team, roster, you'll see a picture of how he's suppose to look compared to this!

RealStamkos91 steven stamkos
    by NHLconnected
    Just because You guys asked for a picture . yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/gyte4eihj Shared by RealStamkos91

Gah, I don't understand why we have to wait till Saturday for game two!

Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll View Post
    (Go Riders Go! )
    I like your style!

Ouch looking at Stamkos' nose. Who says hockey players aren't tough!?? The Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to attain in professional sport, IMO. They are pretty amazing athletes!!

So glad Burrow's didn't get a suspension. Sticking your glove into someone's face and mouth is ok but the natural reaction to bite down on it is worth being suspended in the SCF? Sure, he should have resisted, but c'mon it was the heat of the moment. And running to the ref's holding your finger up to complain was lame, IMO. These are thick hockey gloves, for pity's sake! I highly doubt he even felt it unless Burrow's has vampire teeth I don't know about! Hopefully there won't be any retaliation in game 2 though, and if they do come after him, he needs to take the higher road and refuse to get engaged.

I think there will be retaliation in game 2, and the best part is the Canucks probably know it and will walk away from it, drawing penalties (I hope)

I think the Bruins will be coming out hard hitting, and trying to get the Canucks rivled up, I don't think it will work. They can show a great amount of patience when teams try to push them around.

36 hours and counting!

Go Canucks!

That is so true, GA, you're right. There have been many times they've walked (skated?) away. We were watching The Mighty Ducks with our girls last night, and of course Emilio Estevez says the perfect thing when they wanted to retaliate after the evil Hawks team took out their ex-best player who was playing for the Ducks. He said "Make them pay...up there" and pointed to the scoreboard. I hope that's what happens!

Our PP was rusty and not effective on Wednesday. I think that will change

We don't play Boston very often, and as I said earlier I am loving Tim Thomas, he's a great goalie, but the rest of the team are kind of brutish, to be honest. Definitely a very physical team, with lots of cross checks and even a slash on one of the Sedin's after the whistle. Seguin even squirted water or gatorade or something from his bottle onto Hamhuis after his big check on Lucic. There's a .gif floating around of it. Hamhuis hurt himself on the play () and didn't come back out, but seriously what are you, 12? Silly stuff, but then again look at my avatar. He's a great agitator. Maybe he can skate around laughing like a hyena at them just to make them crazy!

+ Reply to Thread