+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

Back in the big leagues: NHL returns to Winnipeg - Winnipeg Free Press

It's a done deal, the Jets are back in Winnipeg. I only wish I was back home right now so I could join the celebration. I was there for the funeral in '96.
    I am so glad The Peg has its team back, there's some question as to what the name will be. Polar bears( yuck) was one name...but again, I am very happy for Winnipeg

One more day until game time. Longest 5 days ever!

yay for Winnipeg. Thumbs down to the Polar Bears...

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

Back in the big leagues: NHL returns to Winnipeg - Winnipeg Free Press

It's a done deal, the Jets are back in Winnipeg. I only wish I was back home right now so I could join the celebration. I was there for the funeral in '96.
    Very exciting for Winnipeg. Part of me wonders if this'll affect the Bombers towards the end of their season.

for Winnipeg!!! Another Canadian Team to root for! I'm so happy for them! They HAVE to be called the Jets! No two ways about it!

I freakin despise Gary Buttman! Did anyone see his news conference? He says "this isn't going to work if the seats aren't filled each game" or something like that. Ummmm did you think of that when you moved them to begin with to one of the hottest states in the U.S who declared bankruptcy and are now owned by the NHL, the team that you wouldn't accept $235mil from another Canadian to bring them to Canada? The team where you can buy a family pack of tickets for 4 for $40? aka Coyotes who are going to stick it out for another season, and get more into debt? I can't even get to Toronto for the cost of gas for $40 not to mention parking tickets around $120 for nosebleeds for one! Ok enough of him, he makes my blood boil, as do some of those newscasters! We're so freakin nice we wouldn't want to hurt the opposing teams feelings! Phoooey!!! I'm Canadian and I'm going to proudly root for the Canadian teams first, any day of the week!
    just as I expect any American to root for their team, as they are known to do so passionately, love it!

Its game day!!!!!!!!!!! This is what we live for! #bringithome Don Cherry coached the Boston Bruins for many years, I love his predictions! Another site is predicting Vancouver in 7 If it goes to 7, I'll miss it for sure because I'll be passed out on meds by then!

Finally, after 6483927520 MILLION YEARS....it's GAME DAY!!

I am running the gamut of emotions, from giddiness at the thought we might actually win the Cup to terror at the thought of another disappointment. This has been the longest, stupidest wait EVER! I'm praying for a win tonight. Please, please, please win.

Have my Linden jersey on, will wear it to work today. One of our teachers yesterday had his Jets jersey on. Love it!! I'm so thrilled for another Canadian team! They tried twice in Atlanta, and while I'm sad they had such a terrible group of owners that seemed to have really let the city and the fans down, this is the second time they have lost a hockey club, so it doesn't look like hockey goes over that well there. But my heart goes out to the fans there. I'm sure Jets fans know how they feel.

And Bettman is a BUTTHEAD. He looked SO mad at that press conference. Big red splotches on his cheeks. Ha ha ha ha

Go Canucks!!!

canadian angel: I hope it doesn't affect the Bombers, I don't think so, I think they'll all be happy to have football and a hockey team. ok just had a visual, 2011-12 Grey Cup Winners Bombers, SC winners Jets!!!!!!

How does one get rid of Buttman? Is he elected voted in or what? I haven't researched it, as to the process. I keep thinking his term must be up soon and am waiting for another election as Canadians are used to.

Its game day! I heard on the radio on the way home, that our area will be guaranteed a visit from the Stanley Cup! I never thought of that. We have three players in the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs, two on the Bruins team right from the city I live in, and Bieksa is from Grimsby Ontario which is 30 minutes from me. My little city of 55,000 people has the privilege of boasting, we have a total of 7 players in the NHL

I love the excitment, no so much the nerves!

Bring Stanley home! Go Canucks!

ETA: sweet love your avi!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 06-01-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    canadian angel: I hope it doesn't affect the Bombers, I don't think so, I think they'll all be happy to have football and a hockey team. ok just had a visual, 2011-12 Grey Cup Winners Bombers, SC winners Jets!!!!!!
    That would not be ideal! But only because I'm a Rider fan!

Back to the more important matter currently! It's game day!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Finally, after 6483927520 MILLION YEARS....it's GAME DAY!!
    That is exactly how long it felt!!!

Let's go Canucks!

Hope everyone has their jerseys
    it's become almost as difficult to score a Canucks jersey at a store as it is to get a coveted ticket to Wednesday night's Game One. Reebok underestimated the demand and won't have replenished the jersey supply until the summer. The buzz around the city, one player remarked, may be even stronger than it was for the Olympic gold medal game, held in the same arena in February 2010.

Read more: Vancouver Canucks host Boston Bruins in Stanley Cup Final - Sarah Kwak - SI.com
    Last edited by football_chick; 06-01-2011 at 07:53 PM.

That's too bad they didn't realize the craziness of fans wanting jerseys

Here we go!!!! Its time to drop the puck!!!!! Love that intro on Hockey Night in Canada! OMG I love that crowd!!!! Feel the energy, feel that cup! Go Boys, now is the time!

Go Canucks!

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post

Hope everyone has their jerseys
    Thank goodness I got my Linden jersey years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    ETA: sweet love your avi!
    Oh, I knew you'd love it!! Seriously, nobody does the crazy troll-face like Lappy!

Ok, so we're in the 3rd and it is still 0-0.

Somebody put me out for the remainder until we score and win, please!!!

My heart cannot take this!!

+ Reply to Thread