+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

How quickly this game changes. Now after 2, Tampa leads by a goal.

Ok by me...go all the way to 7 games, heck how about triple OT in that 7th game...and make it a hard-hitting one, ok boys??

I got my pen at the dollar store of all things, GA. Keep an eye out, you'll find one!!

The dollar store??? Wow, I must check that out. Maybe since they are in the finals, we might get some Canucks souvenirs!

Another great play off game last night. I missed two goals in a matter of 5 minutes!

You got me thinking of OT's. Here's some interesting facts.

April 27, 1994 Dominik Hasek of the Buffalo Sabres stops all 70 shots produced by the New Jersey Devils as Dave Hannan scores the lone goal over a sprawling Martin Brodeur at 5:43 of the 4th OT in game 6 of the 1st round matchup. At 125:43, the 1-0 shutout is the longest played outcome in the modern era.

April 30, 1994 Pavel Bure scores 2:20 into double overtime of the seventh game of the opening round of Vancouver's playoff series with Calgary. The win gave the Vancouver Canucks three consecutive overtime wins over the favored Calgary Flames, who squandered a 3-1 series lead.

1993 After losing in overtime of game 1 of the Adams division semi-final to the Quebec Nordiques, the Montreal Canadiens go on to win 10 consecutive overtime games on route to winning the Stanley Cup. They would score another OT winner the following year against the Boston Bruins, making it 11 straight playoff overtime wins.

April 18, 1987 "Easter Epic" Pat LaFontaine of New York Islanders scores a goal against Washington Capitals at 8:47 of the 4th overtime which ends longest game seven in NHL playoff history. Islanders goaltender Kelly Hrudey makes a record 73 saves.

May 4, 2008 Brenden Morrow scores on San Jose Sharks goalie Evgeni Nabokov at 9:03 of the 4th overtime period in Game 6 of the Western Conference Semifinals series between the Sharks and Stars. The game saw an incredible goaltending duel as Nabokov made 53 saves in the loss while Marty Turco of Dallas made 61 saves for the win.

Those are some CRAZY stats!! I can't imagine them going to 4 OTs...that's over two straight hockey games played in ONE night.

Ok, Boston.

Bring. it. ON.

Don Cherry said Boston is going to have a tough time with Vancouver. No penalties called in the game tonight, but no real hitting either. Vancouver hits Hard. The upcoming series is going to be very different.

Felt terrible for St. Louis, as he was hugging his friend Thomas, tears on his face. Such a great player with a ton of heart. And what about the guy who got the puck to the face and broke his nose, but came out to finish the game with blood on his jersey and a huge black nose? Wow. You cannot say that the Stanley Cup isn't the hardest and toughest trophy to win.

I love hockey.

Go, Canucks, Go! But why do we have to wait for 5 DAYS before the series stars?? ugh.

I know five looooooooooooooong days

Like the season isn't long enough. The husband and I couldn't believe our ears when we heard Wednesday was game day.

The Bolts just plain gave up in the 3rd. Fine with me, I prefer to see Boston in the final. I'm reasonably pleased - a Boston/Vancouver final is one for hockey fans.

I have a bone to pick with CBC. Those ads they were running with the Cup winners...at first I couldn't understand the cherry-picking of Cup winners throughout the years. If they had been all Canadian teams, maybe, but they had a shot of Mess hoisting the Cup in New York. If we're talking "great" Cup winners, where the heck was Yzerman and the Wings? Yeah, his career was in the U.S., but isn't he Canadian enough to be featured?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

That was such an intense game, it felt like OT all three periods!!! Wow, Stamkos takes a puck in the face and gets back on the ice. Markham Ontario boy! Did you see that nose??? omg! THAT is a true hockey player.

For those who missed it.

Video: Steven Stamkos takes a puck to his face, barely misses any time | ProHockeyTalk

Here is some fun rivalry. The owner of "Boston" pizza is Canadian and a Canucks Fan!

Fort Nucks: Vancouver Pizza

April 18, 1987 "Easter Epic" Pat LaFontaine of New York Islanders scores a goal against Washington Capitals at 8:47 of the 4th overtime which ends longest game seven in NHL playoff history. Islanders goaltender Kelly Hrudey makes a record 73 saves.
    One of the all time best games I've ever seen. I wasn't rooting for either one, and I honestly hated to see either one of them lose. Both goaltenders were freaking awesome.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

The CBC drives me mental sometimes. Either they are homers or they seem to be unreasonably hard on the Canadian teams. No neutral stance with some of these guys. I like Hrudy and PK, but can't stand Glen Healey, he's such a grump!! Plus he hates on the green guys.

Having said that though, Don Cherry said he thinks Boston is in for a tough time with Vancouver, and thinks Van will win in 6. He's a HUGE Boston fan too, so that's saying something. I won't feel good about any of it until we are 3 games up and looking good to win the 4th.

I am going to need medication. And yes, the start date is ridiculously far away!!

Back in the big leagues: NHL returns to Winnipeg - Winnipeg Free Press

It's a done deal, the Jets are back in Winnipeg. I only wish I was back home right now so I could join the celebration. I was there for the funeral in '96.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread