+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

Eh, I know it happens to a lot of people from different walks of life. This one just seems to hit close to home.
    When it hits close to home it seems that much more powerful. I just get frustrated with how rehab is treated in today's society. Thanks in large part to hollywood.

I, too, was shocked when I first read of his death. But although I was very sad to hear him pass away at such a young age, I was frustrated at the same time. AJane, I'm with you. It's upsetting to think that substance abuse can result in something like this. He had so much going for him, and now it's all gone. It's especially difficult to hear after having heard the stories of three adults during sober prom week who have had sons and friends die of the same exact thing.

On that note, it's sort of difficult to transition to this question: anyone watching the game right now?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Alright, that game plain sucked. Of course for everyone else in here, it was probably the exact opposite.

The Sharks allowing a 5-on-3 chance in the middle of the 2nd? Bad. Letting the Canucks get another 5-on-3 chance seconds later? Horrible. The Canucks scoring three 5-on-3 goals in a matter of minutes? Are you serious?

The 3-1 lead in the series just seems unlikely now. But I shall not give up hope.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Well, the first period, with 5 penalties, gave me a serious case of the freak outs! But we held on (unlike last game) and came out of it without being scored on. Those 5-3's were crazy...too bad, too, as they weren't bad calls on the sharks but too many men on the ice and deliberately shooting the puck out of play. Just shows, a few minutes of inattention and the game changes. The Sharks came back hard at the end, but like us last game, just too little too late.

And now...we are 3-1 and going home for game 5...let's do this, Canucks!! They are one win away from going to the SCF and they have a chance to do this at home. C'mon guys, do a game 5 properly please!!!

Tell me about it! I wasn't freaking out because of the actual penalties -- I was freaking out because nothing came out of them! To think that the Sharks had so many golden opportunities but nothing came out of them is mind-boggling.

As much as I want the Sharks to win (especially since this is going to be my last year at home for quite some time), maybe they have to grow a little bit more before reaching the Stanley Cup final.

It's an uphill battle for the Sharks now, for sure, but never say never, GA. The next game is going to be a crazy one.
    I, for one, wish the refs would just back off and let them play. Call something really obvious but let all the 'hooking' and 'tripping' weak calls go unless it's a situation where someone has a clear scoring chance and you impede them. As it stands right now, both teams are constantly either killing penalties or trying to get their special teams to steal a goal on a power play. IDK, it just seems like in previous rounds, nothing much gets called and now this one, pretty much everything gets called. It's confusing for the players and not really necessary. These two teams were #1 and #2 in the west, they play a pretty similar style of hockey...just let them play it for pity's sake!!

I've had a miserable stressful long weekend, trying to get rid of Vista Security Tool Virus, nasty!!! Coupled with fireworks that make my dog so frightened, and family obligations, I missed Sunday's game. I did read all the highlights and game play by plays.

Canucks are up 3-1 TB and Boston are tied 2-2 I'm happy! TB/Boston starts in a few minutes, I hope they go up 3-2 and take the final game on Wednesday! Tuesday night I'm shutting my phone, not answering the door, no one better interupt me while the Canucks are playing!!

Stomach in knots? Check.

Unable to concentrate at work? Check.

Googling predictions every other minute? Check.

Trying not to get excited? Check.

Yup. Must be a game day!

I have a pen I bought about 3 years ago. Canucks logo, and when you click the top they have the actual CBC play-by-play from the last seconds of the OT game that sent the Canucks to the SCF in '94. Whenever our team played like crap the last few years (and they did!) Mr. S and I would click that pen and listen. I am hoping against hope that we hear those same words again tonight.

sweet: That is an awesome post! Love it! Keep on clicking!!

Those pesky Bruins did it again last night. I suppose its more hockey this way. The only more hockey I want to see from the Canucks, is tonight, then I want to see them in the SCF's! No Thursday night game.

Gooooooo Canucks!!!

sweet - that pen sounds awesome!

I watched some of the game last night. I am hoping that Tampa Bay pulls out the next 2 wins as I would like to see them make the finals.

Go Canucks! <- Hopefully the NHL doesn't see this and ask me to remove it

+ Reply to Thread