+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

jillianharris Jillian Harris
    It's ok... @VanCanucks is just "sharkin'" em... #nowayjose

I hope she's right. Half way mark into the second period. Ok I'm staying up to watch the whole game, you guys better not let the Sharks take this game!!!!

But they did! Phew, the Sharks needed this one.

Now both series are 2-1.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Just like I thought, and as Don Cherry said, there was no way the Sharks were going to lose this game...but I'm not complaining with the way the Canucks battled back to almost tie it in the 3rd, particularly with the penalty minutes being rather lopsided it seemed. Ah well, that's the way the game goes sometimes, and I expect it to swing back our way some time again.

Nasty hit on Rome though, and he's a good defenceman. I really hope he's ok. He looked very shaky going off the ice.

Don says the Canucks will win the next one and I'm choosing to believe it. We'll take the split and go home to win game 5!

So, we took 10 penalties last night!! Some well-deserved, a couple of soft ones for sure, but we've definitely got to be more disciplined on Sunday. I think they will, AV will hammer that into them at practice today. Still, for being on the penalty kill for what amounts to one full period out of three, to come back and almost tie it in the 3rd was awesome.

The Sharks played a great, emotional game. Totally expected it given what happened in game two. But what is up with those teal and orange guys dressed like the green men? Yikes. Next thing you know they will have a 'flasher' as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    So, we took 10 penalties last night!! Some well-deserved, a couple of soft ones for sure, but we've definitely got to be more disciplined on Sunday. I think they will, AV will hammer that into them at practice today. Still, for being on the penalty kill for what amounts to one full period out of three, to come back and almost tie it in the 3rd was awesome.

The Sharks played a great, emotional game. Totally expected it given what happened in game two. But what is up with those teal and orange guys dressed like the green men? Yikes. Next thing you know they will have a 'flasher' as well.
    LOL no flasher? they call her the other set of Vancouver's twins..

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOL no flasher? they call her the other set of Vancouver's twins..

Sad day today here in Sask. The funeral of Derek Boogaard was today. It was a very incredible showing of support around the city.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Sad day today here in Sask. The funeral of Derek Boogaard was today. It was a very incredible showing of support around the city.
    So sorry to hear that. It was very shocking and very sad. Such a young guy.

Boogaard's death has really cast a pall over the playoffs for me. Due to job and family obligations, we've spent a fair bit of time driving through Saskatchewan. There are often large signs in the small rural towns that are "Home Of..." various NHL players, from the stars to the small-timers. (You see a lot of these signs in rural Manitoba as well.) Boogaard's name is on the sign near Saskatoon, if I'm not mistaken.

My husband has several young cousins in their teens - and one in his 20's that plays MJHL - who are hockey players. It upsets me to think about these talented boys from rural areas who earn a spot in the big leagues can get sucked into a vortex of substance abuse and ruin their lives and/or careers.

Eh, I know it happens to a lot of people from different walks of life. This one just seems to hit close to home.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

very sad.He was so young.

+ Reply to Thread