+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I thought the guy who sang the Canadian anthem did a tremendous job, and kudos to the fans who cheered afterwards.
    I agree - I thought he was awesome!

Cheering on the Red Wings and Tampa Bay (I have a soft spot for Steve Yzerman) tonight.

I cannot believe Washington got swept by Tampa Bay!!

Heading into OT in the Wings/Sharks game. Hey, Detroit, we Canucks fans know all about those late 3rd period tying goals. Hang in there!! Sharks are playing to WIN so this will be a good OT I'm sure. If they win, Sharks go up 3-1 and that's a hard place to come back from!!

Sharks are now 5-0 for each playoff OT they've been played this year and are 3-0 in the series against the Red Wings. Let's keep this going!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Cannot believe they won AGAIN in OT!! Any other team that plays them is going to be trying to avoid OT at all costs

Holy Cow! What a night for Hockey. I guess no one listened to me at the start of these playoffs, that I didn't want to see any O/T!!! Its the exact opposite! I'm watching the clock wind down more than I'm watching the games!

The brooms were out in Tampa Bay, can you believe this? Bye Bye Ovi! This is so great for Stevie Y! On the other hand, his old team, the Wings, it seems will be swept by the Sharks.

Its game day for the Canucks! Now listen to sweet, she knows best, take this game tonight and bring the win at home!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Its game day for the Canucks! Now listen to sweet, she knows best, take this game tonight and bring the win at home!
    From your lips (fingers?) to their ears, GA

I'm thinking Kesler will stay on fire tonight, and we'll pull out a win. It might not be pretty, but we'll take it. Would love to win it at home on Saturday/Hockey Night in Canada, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    From your lips (fingers?) to their ears, GA

I'm thinking Kesler will stay on fire tonight, and we'll pull out a win. It might not be pretty, but we'll take it. Would love to win it at home on Saturday/Hockey Night in Canada, baby!
    A win is a win is a win! Pretty Ugly whatever, we'll take it!

There isn't any other show that I love more than Hockey Night in Canada! A win, Saturday night at home, for the Canucks to advance into the next round would be the ultimate! *Insert Stanley Cup smilie here*

A win is a win is a win! Pretty Ugly whatever, we'll take it!

There isn't any other show that I love more than Hockey Night in Canada! A win, Saturday night at home, for the Canucks to advance into the next round would be the ultimate! *Insert Stanley Cup smilie here*
    I'm 46 years old and I grew up with HNIC ~ still remember waiting impatiently for Peter Puck to come on. My Dad and Grandad would watch both games, yell and scream at the television, and whether we liked it or not, there was no changing the channel. I remember sometimes my Dad would fall asleep watching a game, but would wake up instantly if I tried to change the channel

It is so much a part of my life, and who we are as Canadians. Amazing, really. It will never end.

I remember watching it with my male cousins when I was very young, I'm thinking 5 yrs old? Some of them were Leaf fans, and some were Bruins fans. I can't recall exactly when I switched to a Habs fan, but it seems ages ago. We used to have huge family dinners on Saturday nights, we had to eat have dessert and clean up before the game started. Some of us were in front of the TV yelling and screaming, my Mom and aunts were in the kitchen drinking coffee and gossiping.

Am I seeing cheerleaders on the ice?

Am I seeing cheerleaders on the ice?
    Yeah. That was a head-scratcher for Mr. S and I as well.

+ Reply to Thread