+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I am always nervous about the Red Wings. Always!! But if we can get by Nashville and if the Sedin's can kick it up a notch (finally) then we can give them a run for their $$.

My avatar...have you seen the "green guys" who sit right by the opposing team's penalty box? They dress from head to toe in a green bodysuit and basically annoy the guy sitting in the box, like this guy who is standing ON HIS HEAD on the little ledge outside the box, with his butt against the glass. The best part about that, which was from game 7 I believe, was the cardboard cutout of Vince Vaughn in the Canucks jersey giving two thumbs up. So, so funny.
    Well, they got it done tonight! It was another OT, but the Sharks have done very well in that kind of pressure. They're now 4 for 4 OTs in the playoffs.

I haven't seen the green guys, but I've seen that bodysuit that you're talking about. I'll have to look out for them next time.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

The Sharks played another ferocious end of the 3rd and OT period, with yet another OT win. It's amazing the confidence a club starts to develop when they realize they can win in OT. We watched most of the game, and I thought the Sharks really dominated. Perhaps if we do get by Nashville, we'll be under a shark attack??!!

I was thinking about that, too, sweetpea! It's the outcome we're hoping for coming out of Round 2, but it's also going to be one that may be hard to watch knowing that a fan of the other team is in this thread.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

It'll all be good...as long as one of us beats the eastern team and wins the cup! Last year, even though they are our arch-nemesis, Mr. S cheered for Chicago after they beat us the 2nd round...and they went on to win the cup. I still get chills watching the CBC promo where you see the guys with their white gloves on, holding the cup getting ready to bring it on ice, and you hear the crowd cheering. Man, I want that to come to us!!

Ugh. Glen Healy just said on the CBC between intermissions that some of the NHL teams had complained to the NHL about the Green Men...what?? So now the league is looking into making it a rule that fans can't touch the glass.... someone call the whhhhhaaaambulance!! What, these guys who are paid millions can't block out two goofy guys in green leotards? Whatever. Pfffft.

Loss at the very end of double OT. Tough, tough game. I'm glad they have two days off to rest up. Go Canucks Go!!

Sorry about the loss. I would have watched that game, but I was still asleep. I'm sure they'll catch back up and win this one over the Predators. But I definitely agree with you about a Western team winning the cup this year!

Sharks were very aggressive during game two, and we ended up not going to OT this time! Let's keep this going, Sharks!

I was at a family birthday bbq and missed both games today

Glad to hear the sharks won again...wow!! Up 2-0 and no OT. It's a dream.

I'm shocked Tampa Bay beat Washington again.

We don't play till Tuesday, which is good because it's the Canadian election tomorrow and it looking to be very interesting, so would be hard to pay attention to both the election and a hockey game. I'm nervous for my team. The Sedin's need to get out of whatever funk they are in, and the team cannot sit on a 1 goal lead and hope to win playoff games. Grrr. I hope they come out flying tomorrow, get a couple of early goals and then never look back.

Tell me about it! At this point, I won't be surprised if Tampa Bay makes the cup finals.

The Sharks are playing next on Wednesday. I supposed that's good, since I have AP tests coming up. It makes me a bit nervous, though, since it's at Detroit this time. But who knows, they won all of their away games when playing against the Kings. And not to mention that they're on a roll currently. Hopefully they keep it going.

They most definitely are on a roll, CG! Even if they come home from Detroit with a split, they can win the series at home in front of the home crowd.

+ Reply to Thread