+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

aww, that sucks Ashley.

Sorry I haven't been in here for a couple of days. After a good 10-day spring break, school just started back up again.

I want to cheer for those whose favorite teams advanced, but at the same time, I feel for those who didn't see the result they wanted. Very mixed feelings indeed.

But one thing's for sure: these playoffs have been very exciting! Like I said before, I've watched the sport here and there in the past, even attending a game once. But this year is really drawing me in. No game that I've watched has been boring, to say the least.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Awwee Ashley, sorry to see the Pens are out.

CrossingGuard: So glad you are enjoying hockey! Its filled with highs and lows, the lows are tough to take, but the highs bring such jubilant joy!

Nathan Horton is a local hometown boy who scored that o/t goal. Good for him. There are a lot of Bruins fans in my area, stemming back from Boston being one of original six NHL teams, so there's a lot of happy people. It will be sad though, not to see the Hab's flags on everyone's cars.

sweet: I like that thought!

Not much of a break, the Canucks play Nashville tonight. Start of a new round is a nice clean slate to work on, thank goodness!

I know we've struggled sometimes with Nashville (who haven't we struggled against at times!?) but I'm hoping the momentum from Tuesday night can carry them forward. I really, really hope the twins pick up their play and get some goals, and it's nice to see Kessler amping it up to high the other night. He was everywhere, like a man possessed.

Maybe if we go on in the playoffs, Don Cherry will learn to pronounce our names correctly? Every time he says "Lulongo" or "Bieska" I want to throw something at the tv. The man is going senile.

Its almost game time! I'm sure they are so pumped after their win the other night, they will do well tonight. Nashville has been off for a few days and that sometimes is not a good thing. I'm confident they will come out with the first win!

Lets go Canucks!!!!!!!

I'm ready! Linden jersey is on, and I'm pumped for a new series. It's nice, it feels like a clean slate.

Mr. S and I were just talking about how much winning that series against Chicago means to people here in BC. I've been reading over the 'Net that people are laughing at the Canucks fans, saying "you haven't won the Stanley Cup yet, why are you so happy??" - it's because Chicago has had our number for 3 years now. They are in our collective psyche, and it's just such a deep-seated rivalry now, it felt AMAZING to beat them. It's like we still doubt whether we're good enough until we beat Chicago. Crazy but true. So from here on out, when we say anything else if gravy, we kind of actually mean it. Sure, now we've got our eye on the cup, but on Tuesday night? That win? That was enough at that moment.

I read this morning that Luongo said after the Olympics win by Crosby, he skated to join the celebrations but did it in a leisurely fashion. On Tuesday he said he SPRINTED over to join the dog pile and said he didn't get up right away because he just wanted to soak it all up.

I guess that tells you how pumped we were to win that series!

Whew! One down, three to go!

Congrats to the Canucks! Hoping for the same kind of luck tomorrow! I'm a little bit nervous about them going against the Red Wings though.

sweetpea, what is that in your avatar?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I am always nervous about the Red Wings. Always!! But if we can get by Nashville and if the Sedin's can kick it up a notch (finally) then we can give them a run for their $$.

My avatar...have you seen the "green guys" who sit right by the opposing team's penalty box? They dress from head to toe in a green bodysuit and basically annoy the guy sitting in the box, like this guy who is standing ON HIS HEAD on the little ledge outside the box, with his butt against the glass. The best part about that, which was from game 7 I believe, was the cardboard cutout of Vince Vaughn in the Canucks jersey giving two thumbs up. So, so funny.

You took the words out of my mouth sweet! One down three to go!

The win against Chicago will give them the mental ability to know they can go all the way!!!

+ Reply to Thread