+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    1-0 Penguins! Ashley!
    Yeah and now it's 2-1 Tampa at the end of 2 periods. Boo.
    Wake up and be awesome

They just scored!

I love it when a new hockey fan emerges!! It's a tremendously fun, exciting and sometimes nerve-wracking sport to watch, and as much fun as watching on TV is, being at the game is 1,000,000 times better.

As hard as it was to watch the game yesterday, I was almost incoherent when the US tied up the gold medal game in the late stages of the 3rd period and we went to OT. OMG, I don't think my heart rate went back to normal for two days afterwards!
    I've actually been to a game before. It was a regular season game against the Stars. My friend had two extra tickets, and I tagged along since it was free.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Ugh, sorry about the loss, Ashley. Looks like game 7 hell for you, too. Here's hoping they pull it out.

That's cool you got to tag along, CG. I lived in Edmonton in the mid-80s when the Oilers won something like 4 Stanley Cups in a row. A true hockey dynasty. I moved to Vancouver some time later, taking with me a signed Mark Messier hockey stick, a game stick even, with Wayne Gretzky, Paul Coffey (my favorite, he signed my name), Messier, Jari Kurri, etc. Still have it, it's like the holy grail in our house.

So nice to see others cheering for my Canucks. Even if they succumb to the President's Cup curse, they will always be my team.

Yeah, it was fun! I actually got really into it by the end of the game. Too bad they lost that one.

Gosh, to live in a city with that many championships would be such a thrill! When the Giants won just recently, the whole Bay Area was living it up for a few weeks. I'd love to have some memorabilia to remind me of these times when I look back to the past in the future. Of course, I hate being a bandwagoner so it'd be hypocritical of me to do that.

Watching the Sharks game now... I was just about to type, "They're up 1! They better keep it this way!" But then the Kings just scored.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Woohoooooooo!

Yay CG! I'm so glad you got the OT win you wanted!
    That's what I was hoping for on Sunday, a quick goal to just end the thing (but of course, scored by my team. ha!)

I really hope we don't go into OT tonight, as I think I will have to go for a walk rather than watch. My heart can't take this!!

Yup, GA, we're in a do-or-die situation. We need two BIG wins here!!

The hit you are referring to is an interesting situation....it was almost IDENTICAL to the hit by Torres on Seabrook. Canucks were saying it is a legal hit, shoulder used, should have kept his head up, etc. But the difference is TORRES was and still is vilified for it. The Hawks were screaming for a suspension. He did get an interference penalty, but everyone thought it should have been at least a major, it was a head shot, etc. But last night the exact same hit got nothing. Torres' hit should have gotten nothing as well. The officiating has been outrageous IMO and I'm not just saying it due to bad calls against the Canucks. It's inconsistent and makes no sense sometimes.
    The difference between the hits is that when Torres hit Seabrook, Seabrook didn’t have the puck, so it is interference. When Bieska got hit he had the puck (or just got rid of it) so it was a “legal” hit. It was exactly the same hit, so I think the refs were consistent on that one. Personally I would have liked a 5 min major for both hits.

Sorry Ashley, looks like a do or die for you as well. I watched that game, I think Pittsburg will be fighting back. Its so annoying to see your team only needs to win one more, and they end up in a must win situation.

sweet: Yes, even the announcers were comparing that hit to Torres, saying it was exactly the same. Those were the days! Gretsky Messier Coffey Kurri!! Goal after goal, win after win, it was an amazing time for hockey.

CrossingGuard: Your Sharks did it! Don't worry about the terminology, I've been watching hockey since I was a little girl, and I still don't get all the rules. I watched some of that game as well. What's with the LA Kings jersey's? I don't like them at all. I don't get to see much of the western games through the regular season, I didn't even recognize them. Yuk.

After the game, Ron McLean and Kelly Hrudey (who needs a comb or a new hairstylist) both commented that Vancouver and Montreal should win. We cling on to every shred of positive information!!

Very nervous day today, how will I ever concentrate at work? I guess I'm not, since I'm posting here.

From what I understand, the puck was within inches of Seabrook, but you're right not directly on his stick, so I do understand the interference penalty. Just hate the idea that the two hits, completely identical, are being called by many fans and commentators in two different ways. The Torres hit was labelled as brutal and unnecessary but the hit on Bieksa was good old fashioned hockey. I agree with you, personally. If they are both clean hits they should be labelled as such. If they are both deserving of a major penalty and 5 min in the bad boy box, then it should be equal in people's eyes. But I guess that's the nature of the game. I do hope, though, that it's a fair game tonight with respect to penalties. The last game, the call that led to a penalty shot was ridiculous in my eyes. Maybe hooking, sure, but not a clear cut breakaway on goal and not deserving of a penalty shot, IMO.

I'll tell you, when you have Toronto Maple Leaf fans (who hate Vancouver as a general rule) on a hockey board saying the reffing stinks, that's saying something!!

Do or die. welcome to the playoffs.
    I too heard Hrudy and McLean both saying they predict a Vancouver and Montreal win tonight. From their lips...

And this is what we mean by terrible ref'ing!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, that was a goal! It should have been reviewed. The ref didn't see the puck and "assumed' the goalie had the puck. Why do I watch. Bostom better not score anytime soon, that place will errupt.

+ Reply to Thread