+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

I sure hope so, Football Chick. I have always been a Canucks fan. Never jumped on and off the bandwagon. But man, it is hard sometimes!!
    For some reason, Chicago has this huge mental thing on us. They are a good team, but we've beaten loads of good teams this season. I just really want us to win tomorrow night and get that monkey off our backs for good.

Ok, Montreal, now it's your turn to win tonight!!

I hate this game too! grrrr! and what's with the no penalty delay of game just because the puck fell back from the stands into the players bench? Who makes up these rules! and the hit on I forget who, he got smoked behind the net, no call.

I stayed up and watched the whole game. They did not deseve to loose this one. When you see all those missed chances, you just know its going to happen in the other end.

Now we have two do or die games to watch tomorrow night. I'm going to need a supersized drink, and I don't even drink!

ETA: Nashville advances! Who would have thought. I'm telling you, I've got this crazy feeling ever since Mike Fisher got traded. I wouldn't be surprised if they go far.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 04-25-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Yup, GA, we're in a do-or-die situation. We need two BIG wins here!!

The hit you are referring to is an interesting situation....it was almost IDENTICAL to the hit by Torres on Seabrook. Canucks were saying it is a legal hit, shoulder used, should have kept his head up, etc. But the difference is TORRES was and still is vilified for it. The Hawks were screaming for a suspension. He did get an interference penalty, but everyone thought it should have been at least a major, it was a head shot, etc. But last night the exact same hit got nothing. Torres' hit should have gotten nothing as well. The officiating has been outrageous IMO and I'm not just saying it due to bad calls against the Canucks. It's inconsistent and makes no sense sometimes.

The delay of game moment was a joke and a momentum-kill for sure. No rhyme or reason for it. We had so many chances, it's just too bad we couldn't put it away in the 3rd. I hate OT in the playoffs. I guess the good news is they played a lot better than the two blow-out games, and they are heading home for game 7. Hopefully we'll come out strong and get up by a couple of goals early. I am worried about Luongo though, he's so inconsistent when it comes to playing Chicago. I think Vince Vaughn really did put a hex on him!!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I hope the Penguins can pull themselves together for today's game. They had a chance to win the series Saturday, but instead they lost 8-2. It wasn't even respectable.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU View Post
    I hope the Penguins can pull themselves together for today's game. They had a chance to win the series Saturday, but instead they lost 8-2. It wasn't even respectable.
    Sorry about that, Ashley. When I saw that score, though, I have to admit I felt like I could at least commiserate with someone over our horrible losses to Chicago last week. It sucks to get spanked so hard in the playoffs, huh?

That said, I hope they rally and come out with a great game today. What time are they playing?? We finally have some sunshine and warmth here in the interior of BC so it is really hard because while I want to stay inside and watch hockey, I also want to get the garden started and feel some sun on my face!

It's been a long, hard winter here.

We're in the same boat, Ashley. Sharks are on tonight also, up 3-2. I really don't want to see a seventh game. They've done very well when playing the Staples Center, so I'm hoping their streak continues.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yup, GA, we're in a do-or-die situation. We need two BIG wins here!!

The hit you are referring to is an interesting situation....it was almost IDENTICAL to the hit by Torres on Seabrook. Canucks were saying it is a legal hit, shoulder used, should have kept his head up, etc. But the difference is TORRES was and still is vilified for it. The Hawks were screaming for a suspension. He did get an interference penalty, but everyone thought it should have been at least a major, it was a head shot, etc. But last night the exact same hit got nothing. Torres' hit should have gotten nothing as well. The officiating has been outrageous IMO and I'm not just saying it due to bad calls against the Canucks. It's inconsistent and makes no sense sometimes.

The delay of game moment was a joke and a momentum-kill for sure. No rhyme or reason for it. We had so many chances, it's just too bad we couldn't put it away in the 3rd. I hate OT in the playoffs. I guess the good news is they played a lot better than the two blow-out games, and they are heading home for game 7. Hopefully we'll come out strong and get up by a couple of goals early. I am worried about Luongo though, he's so inconsistent when it comes to playing Chicago. I think Vince Vaughn really did put a hex on him!!

at all of these hockey terminology and history references! LOL. Still slowly getting there! But I gotta say, I'm actually really enjoying watching the sport and look forward to each game.

And at the Vince Vaughn picture.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post

at all of these hockey terminology and history references! LOL. Still slowly getting there! But I gotta say, I'm actually really enjoying watching the sport and look forward to each game.

And at the Vince Vaughn picture.
    I love it when a new hockey fan emerges!! It's a tremendously fun, exciting and sometimes nerve-wracking sport to watch, and as much fun as watching on TV is, being at the game is 1,000,000 times better.

As hard as it was to watch the game yesterday, I was almost incoherent when the US tied up the gold medal game in the late stages of the 3rd period and we went to OT. OMG, I don't think my heart rate went back to normal for two days afterwards!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Sorry about that, Ashley. When I saw that score, though, I have to admit I felt like I could at least commiserate with someone over our horrible losses to Chicago last week. It sucks to get spanked so hard in the playoffs, huh?

That said, I hope they rally and come out with a great game today. What time are they playing?? We finally have some sunshine and warmth here in the interior of BC so it is really hard because while I want to stay inside and watch hockey, I also want to get the garden started and feel some sun on my face!

It's been a long, hard winter here.
    They are on tonight 7pm Eastern. I hope they come out with a great game today too. They've been playing without Crosby and Malkin for awhile so I can't believe they've even made it this far.
    Wake up and be awesome

1-0 Penguins! Ashley!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    I'm watching the game right now. I'm rooting for your Canucks!

(I don't want the Redskins to win just for the sheer fact that they won last year.)
    I'm rooting for the Canucks too, and I didn't want the Hawks to win last year either.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread