+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

OH ok thanks sweet.

2nd period, another freakin goal by Chicago. I just popped in here to tell you to hang on!!! They have to sweeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!! Lots of time left. Hang in there!

End of the second. OK look at it this way, they can win it at home!

Well, we're stinking it up tonight!

Seriously, it's obvious Chicago came out playing desperate hockey and they are up 5-1. Yikes.
    We'd better have a heck of a 3rd period!

With all that being said, the officiating is questionable. Even the CBC guys said one penalty was a joke, and the too many men was really, really borderline. But that's ok. Even if Chicago wins tonight, we are still up 3-1 and we're going back home. It will be a rocking game 5 but I am pretty sure the Canucks will seal the deal then if necessary.

Well its over, finally Geesh! That penalty was a joke! Its ok, see ya in Vancouver, Hawks! Its going to be great for them to win at home!

So we got our butts kicked royally...that's ok. I seriously am not worried. The Canucks have been so patient all year long, they haven't let one bad game throw them off or start a losing slide, they usually just come back and play the same game that has worked for them. We knew Chicago was going to come out flying, because they desperately wanted to win at home, because they are angry about the non-suspension to Torres (although the NHL said it reviewed the play and it was a perfectly legal hit) and because they didn't want to let their enemy sweep them out of the playoffs. They were playing desperation hard hockey and it paid off.

I was a bit worried about Lou after the first. He fell awkwardly and then seemed slow to get up and get over to the bench at the end of the period. After that he just didn't seem himself. Hopefully he is ok and he'll be back and ready to win in Vancouver.

The penalties were ridiculous at times.

I was irritated at the CBC guys calling the game and doing the analysis. Would it kill them to give some kudos to Vancouver once in awhile? Sheesh. And then they placed the entire weight of this loss on Torres' back saying that the hit on Seabrooke could be the momentum turner, etc. When did they start hating the Canucks so badly???

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here (obviously). I'm not much of a hockey fan, but I'm slowly getting myself into the sport, as I'm going off to Boston next year for college. It helps that I'm from San Jose -- well, Santa Clara, but I'm right next to San Jose. They pulled off an amazing comeback today!

...okay, so I didn't watch it and opted to watch my reality shows instead. But I kept up with online updates. I'm slowly getting there, right?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Welcome, CrossingGuard and don't worry, watching-but-not-watching is often what happens in my house because I can't stand the stress. Hockey is the best pro sport in the world, I think. There's nothing that matches it for excitement! If you move to Boston you'll be in hockey-mad territory, as it's an original 6 city and has some serious rivalries (like Montreal.. ha ha). I'm from Canada, so of course grew up with Hockey Night in Canada on every Sat night of the season, where they would (and still do) broadcast a game from the eastern conference and then one from the west. Sometimes we get Hockey DAY in Canada where they play 3 back to back games...that's 9 hours of broadcasting! LOL It's crazy but fun. Well, last night wasn't fun for Canucks fans but we'll surge back, I have no doubt. Just have to weather the "Ha ha!" media storm that's raging about how we'll choke, etc. But we're used to everyone hating us, so it's no biggie.

The Sharks did indeed come back nicely!

CrossingGuard! Welcome to Hockey land, sweet gave a great recap of what you can look forward to.

sweet: Thanks for your post upthread. For me, living in the east, I didn't get to see much of the Canucks at all all year, so its good to know a little bit of how they've been playing, although being 1st in the division says it all!

About the CBC guys calling the game, and please to my US friends, I do not mean any disrespect at all, but it annoys the heck out of me too. They always try to be so "nice" to the other team, and basically forget about the Canadian team, to a point where it makes your roll your eyes. Its very difficult to enjoy a game when its being broadcasted so one sided. You're right, about the non-suspension to Torres, give it up already, geesh. NHL tweeted last night, they are embarassing themselves with the disciplining tactics.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but the begining of every Montreal game, when they are going to start the American National Anthem, the announcer asks for respect for the U.S players on the Montreal team, and specifically names each player that is American.

Looks like Pheonix will be moving to Quebec or Winnipeg? Ontario's Jim Balsille's offer of $250million two years ago wasn't good enough. Good for Quebec or Winnipeg, I hope you get your team back! Why can't Wayne Gretsky be the NHL Commissioner? Well that's another topic for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    About the CBC guys calling the game, and please to my US friends, I do not mean any disrespect at all, but it annoys the heck out of me too. They always try to be so "nice" to the other team, and basically forget about the Canadian team, to a point where it makes your roll your eyes. Its very difficult to enjoy a game when its being broadcasted so one sided. You're right, about the non-suspension to Torres, give it up already, geesh. NHL tweeted last night, they are embarassing themselves with the disciplining tactics.
    That's exactly it. I don't expect them to be completely one-sided in favour of the Canadian teams, but at times it seems like they go out of their way to be critical of them. It's really frustrating. Don Cherry seems to hate Montreal (must be left over from his Boston days) and Ron McLean hates Vancouver. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Looks like Pheonix will be moving to Quebec or Winnipeg? Ontario's Jim Balsille's offer of $250million two years ago wasn't good enough. Good for Quebec or Winnipeg, I hope you get your team back! Why can't Wayne Gretsky be the NHL Commissioner? Well that's another topic for another day.
    Winnipeg is my hometown, and I will be utterly furious if the Yotes go anywhere but back where they belong. I hope they get their season ticket quota.

The officiating last night was brutal, but going both ways. At playoff time, it was unacceptable. Tonight at our house we have to flip back and forth between TSN1 and TSN2...I'm hoping the Rangers can pull off one more win, at least.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread