+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

Re: NHL Hockey 2010-2011

3-zip!!!!! Yay Canucks!

The penalties were ridiculous!

Ok Montreal, your turn!!!! Go Habs!

Mike Fisher was the hero in the Nashville game, so cute to see Carry Underwood in the stands cheering, when he scored the go ahead goal late in the third. Also, too cute when he got in a scrap, she was all concerned.

So the big controversy today is the hit by Torres on Seabrook. Many are yelling for another suspension, and to hear the CBC guys talk last night you'd think they'd string Torres up by the you-know-what, but I've been reading all over the Web and the majority of comments I see are that it was a hard but legal hit, and it's unfortunate that Seabrook forgot to keep his head up. He was on the boards searching for the puck with his head down. Torres was gliding when he hit him, he used his shoulder (legal) and his feet did not leave the ice. It was not mid-ice, his hands were down at his sides, and any other time it would be a hard hit but not a huge deal. Suddenly it is a major thing. If it were that bad, the refs shouldn't have called it Interference and Seabrook should have been sent to the quiet room immediately, instead of playing right away until another hit reminded his coach that he might need to be looked at. The guy has had recent concussions, he should have been sent off! Now Torres will be vilified for what was, in many many eyes, a hard but legal hit.

The penalties were atrocious, but we stayed calm and stuck to the plan and Luongo played brilliantly. And we barely missed the open net twice in the last minute!

The comments coming from Toews were unfortunate, IMO...

‘‘They didn’t earn that win, they didn’t earn those three [goals] — we gave it to them,’’ Hawks captain Jonathan Toews said. ‘‘We only have ourselves to blame and ourselves to be disappointed in, especially with the crowd at your back.’’
    "Everyone wants to look at the stats all year and talk about what (the Canucks) do well and how good of a team they are," Toews said. "We're not exposing them for what they are. I think a lot of people outside this locker room are giving them too much credit and maybe we are as well. We know that we can be a better team than them, but we just haven't shown it yet." Toews went onto say that the Blackhawks have put themselves in their current position.
    Hopefully the series will be done on Tuesday and we can move on without the monkey on our backs!!

Go Montreal!! I have to go to a birthday dinner today at 5:30...the restaurant better have a television set!!

I didn't see the hit, but I've been reading it as well. Rule 48 says the area behind the net is designated as "hitting area", so he's good to go. its only a big deal IMO because some people are coming down hard on the hitting rules recently.

J Toews can say whatever he wants, the fact remains, his team is down 3-0 in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Who deserves what now? Done deal on Tuesday and on to the next round so cry baby reigning NHL Stanley Cup team can get their golf clubs out. Sorry Hawks which consist of 14 Canadians of 24 on their playoff roster, but I've got my game face on! Go Habs!

Weellll...I think Toews' comments weren't meant as trash talk...I read them like they're coming from a frustrated guy who's disappointed with himself and his team. The "they didn't earn it" bit sounds like he's saying that the Hawks didn't make them earn it.

My husband kept saying Taylor Swift was at the Nashville game and insisting it was her that was married to Mike Fisher. My daughter kept telling him he was nuts, Taylor Swift is like 19 years old and isn't married to anybody. I guess all country-singing blondes look alike to him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

More great hockey this weekend!!! Yay ...fingers crossed for Canucks in 4!! Montreal's been doing really well too and I would so love to see an all Canadian final! It would be so exciting for the entire country ...maybe we could work an extra week of stat holiday in there!

Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll View Post
    More great hockey this weekend!!! Yay ...fingers crossed for Canucks in 4!! Montreal's been doing really well too and I would so love to see an all Canadian final! It would be so exciting for the entire country ...maybe we could work an extra week of stat holiday in there!
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least at that!!

So sorry to see Montreal lose game 3 at home. I just checked the score, didn't see the game (we were at a b-day dinner out). But I doubt they will lose game 4 and they have already proven they can win in Boston, so if they need to take game 5 on the road, so be it!

I'm hoping to pull out my broom tomorrow.

They almost came back in the 3rd, but almost doesn't count. Ulcers are acting up again.

They lost their composure, totally off their game plan. They have two days off to re group.

I'll get my broom out too!!! Go Canucks!

It's a lot of pressure to play at home when "home" is Montreal. It always has been. They'll be fine, I have no doubts about that!!

So, do they play on Thursday then? I was wondering how the schedule would go. I wonder, if the Canucks win tonight, how much time off they might have between rounds. Time to rest is good, too much time and losing momentum is bad.

And I agree about the ulcers...literally!! Mr. S and I both had aching stomachs on Sunday. Tried to figure out if it was something we ate, but the girls were fine. Then we realized it was nerves because of the game!!

Its very tough to be a Montreal Canadien. The fans/media can be brutal. I don't know why they are playing Thursday and not Wednesday. I have 8 girls coming over Thursday night to play cards, none are hockey fans. I don't think they'll mind if I sit and watch the game while they play? I almost fainted when I heard that last night during the game that they are playing Thursday. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Easter weekend or not, I don't think so, they seem to have NHL games whenever.

"When" they sweep tonight, they'll have to wait till the other series is over, who ever they play, I believe it would be the winner of the #4Anaheim/#5Nashville? I think #1 vs #8 plays winner of #4 or #5. I get confused, but Nashville leads the series 2-1, they play Wednesday. Hopefully they won't go to 7 if that is in fact the team the Canucks would play. Mike Fisher has been hot since his trade from Ottawa, maybe they'll take Anaheim out by the weekend.

I just looked up the Bell Centre and it is as I suspected....Rush is playing a concert there tomorrow night, hence the move to Thursday.

+ Reply to Thread