+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2010

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: College Football 2010

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4131915;
    Well, the rumor around here is that the Outback Bowl is going to be Joe Paterno's last game. I guess he's had a few "mini strokes" over the past few months and at the senior banquet he was speaking incoherently about things. I also heard he was diagnosed with cancer, but I'm not sure how true that is. A large amount of his family is flying down for the bowl game. I've heard he's going to announce his retirement after the bowl.

I have it on good authority that Tony Dungy is in town checking out the Penn State campus.

Just yesterday, the local paper quoted Sue as saying the rumors of his retirement were "ridiculous" . . . . although I doubt they'd give away the info now (if it's true). Too much of a distraction.

Personally, I would like to see him retire while he can still enjoy himself. If he can go out with 400+ under his belt, kudos!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

well . . . . . that was sad.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

The Big 10 had a Big day on New Years....0-5.

That was a complete massacre of the Big 10. I was very pleased with the Huskies' victory over Nebraska. It was great to see our defense play so well.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4137254;
    The Big 10 had a Big day on New Years....0-5.
    Tomorrow's hog roast in the Superdome by the Buckeyes will be good enough for me.

Ding, Dong!!! Rich Rod's gone!!!

Rich Rodriguez fired, reports say

ESPN.com news services

Michigan has fired football coach Rich Rodriguez after his third season ended with a school-record 38-point loss in the Gator Bowl, Fox 2 TV and the Detroit Free Press are reporting.

The report comes after Rodriguez met with athletic director Dave Brandon earlier Tuesday. Members of the football team are scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, according to a report from annarbor.com.

Michigan's Gator Bowl loss to Mississippi State knocked Rodriguez's overall record to 15-22 with college football's winningest program. He was 6-18 in Big Ten games, 0-6 against rivals Ohio State and Michigan State and 2-11 versus ranked teams in The Associated Press' Top 25 at the time of the game.

After the Gator Bowl, Rodriguez described his mood as "disappointed and frustrated, but not discouraged" after the Wolverines' loss left them 7-6. Michigan will owe him $2.5 million to buy out the final three years of his contract.

Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh, who played quarterback at Michigan, has been cited as a potential candidate to replace Rodriguez. But a source with direct knowledge of Harbaugh's thinking said Harbaugh is "highly unlikely" to accept the Michigan job if offered, the Detroit Free Press reported.

NCAA compliance issues and three losses to archrival Ohio State didn't help matters for Rodriguez, who left West Virginia to succeed Lloyd Carr.

Last year, the NCAA disciplined the program for practice and training violations, but didn't decide that Rodriguez had failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance with NCAA rules.

The problems came to light just before the 2009 season when the Detroit Free Press, quoting anonymous players, reported that the program was exceeding NCAA limits on practice and training time.
    Rich Rodriguez fired by Michigan Wolverines, reports say - ESPN
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Darn, we'll miss him veej.

This article pretty much sums up my feelings on the NCAA and the way things are done. Things are going to get ugly here in Columbus as result I do believe.

Pryor’s acts expose charade of college athletics - College Football - Rivals.com

O-H-I-O!!!! 31-26 win over Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl What an ending!!
    Last edited by Unklescott; 01-05-2011 at 12:26 AM.

I didn't get to watch cause I'm at work, but listening to it on the radio it sounded like the Ark. receivers dropped a bunch of potential touchdown passes. Congrats to OSU.

Any Duck fans out there? Our first go at the National Championship...I hope it is a great game - I don't think either of these teams have settled down yet.

At any rate, Oregonians are very proud and excited!

+ Reply to Thread