+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Lebron-athon

The Lebron-athon

Ok I love Lebron, but OMg enough with the Lebron all day every day. I thought Favre watch was bad but this is ridiculous. Why must he have a show to announce where he is playing?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Lebron-athon

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3970521;
    Ok I love Lebron, but OMg enough with the Lebron all day every day. I thought Favre watch was bad but this is ridiculous. Why must he have a show to announce where he is playing?
    Ego...and since he makes as much from endorsements, this just makes him a larger than life personality...which leads to more endorsements, which leads to more money. The cahrity donation to B & G's club, he could have just written a check quietly, and I'm sure he does.

I hope he announces he's going to college! lol

He's always said he missed never playing in March Madness, but never said missed college.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Boooo, he's going to Miami.

I am sure OH is probably wondering if they have some sort of "curse of the billy goat" to have so much bad luck with sports teams.

I did hear a joke that made me laugh. "Apple has a new app to honor Lebron. Only problem is it just vibrates because it has no rings."lol
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Another joke I heard: "BP is offering LeBron free gas for life if he can continue to keep the oil spill out of the news"

Here's Dan Gilbert (majority owner in the Cavaliers) response to LeBron's decision.
    Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:
    DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
    Majority Owner
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Dan Gilbert's Open Letter to Cavs fans - WKYC Channel 3

reeks of sour grapes. The cavs best shot at a championship just walked out the door and he is uber peeved. Frankly I think he is more upset that ticket sales and jersey sales are going to decrease and the gravy train that is Lebron is gone.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, as a HUGE Cleveland sports fan, I have to say I am disappointed in Lebron choosing to leave Cleveland, but I always respected his decision to make his own career choices. We loved him here in Cleveland, but we will move on.

I think what angered me more was the way this all came out. I hated the big drama with "The Decision" special on ESPN and all the hoopla surrounding it. While I agree that the press can and will make a huge deal out of just about anything, Lebron started this. Had this been announced in an afternoon press conference or perhaps in a simple statement released to the press I don't think there would have been as much backlash as there is and will be to come following this primetime announcement. Cap it all off that before his actual interview started, you could see it all over his face that he knew he was about to disappoint a lot of people and a whole club of grandmas here in Akron .

Dan Gilbert has always been a very passionate person and it is very apparent in his statement. He is fully expressing the raw emotion that this region is feeling. I think things will calm down in time and we can move on from this.

Wow Dan Gilbert is really bitter, maybe if he used some of that passion & surounded Lebron with better players they might have a championship. He should have thanked Lebron for the 7 years he played for the Cavs & brought the press to Cleveland. Gilbert statement about the Cavs winning a championship before Lebron does is a joke. Get ready for the Heat to start winning the championship right away with their team, & you can bet there are players with talent that will play for the minimum to join the Heat just to get a ring. Good luck to Lebron, Dwayne & Chris & may you win many titles.

I thought the curse he attempted to put on Lebron was so immature and just classless.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Agreed. Don't care how passionate an owner you are you hold your head with things like this. Who in their right mind would want to play for an owner that is so loose lipped when things don't go his way? Furthermore, Lebron has the right to make the decision to play anywhere he wants to play without such ugly words to bid him farewell. I hate the Heat, and yet I understand why he did it. He is not the designated savior of his hometown. He's a 25 year old guy with tremendous talent that should be allowed to take that talent wherever he so chooses without feeling despised for it. All I can hope for is that he doesn't get locked into a long term contract. LEave himself the option to leave in a couple of years if this situation doesn't suit him.

I did hate the whole prolonged ESPN special. Not his fault entirely. Just as the Cavaliar owner loved making money off the guy so does anyone else who can. ESPN milked it for all it was worth and Lebron got his cut with a donation to the Boys and Girls club kicked in for good measure. They got a couple million dollars at least because of that special so they have nothing to complain about. To me the most hilarious part of it was the one kid who seemingly started to cheer at the announcement was quickly cut short by the gym full of obvious Knick fans.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast