+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Soccer 2010

Re: World Cup Soccer 2010

Sorry canuck

USA - Ghana coming up next. Finally I get to watch a whole game, live!!

Goodness Gracious!!! That's all I can say.

Well, darn it. Nice work boys. It was a good run.

Kao

Really peeved that they put Uganda with the U.S. since I was rooting for both teams.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3952058;
    Really peeved that they put Uganda with the U.S. since I was rooting for both teams.
    uganda

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3951863;
    Goodness Gracious!!! That's all I can say.
    I felt the same way -- was so excited to be able to watch a full USA game and was wondering WTH they were doing that first half -- they were so slow and just seemed out of it. When they came back from the half, they were a totally different team and dominated play. Then the team who played the 1st half returned during overtime...if only they played with as much gusto as they did in the final 2 minutes, we might've pulled it out.

And was anyone else yelling at the TV/ref's over the Ghana players' overacting? So frustrating!!

Ah well, WTG USA! I still love ya' and are proud of you all!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Very disappointed with the England Germany game today.
    You could see with the naked eye, in real time that Lampard's shot crossed the line.
    Germany was the better team, I can accept that, but how different things might have been had England been credited with that goal to even the score.
    England was actually pulling their play together and coming on well at that point.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

same issue with the first goal from argentina. Clearly offside

They need to "go upstairs" (hockey) to look at the replays. Or the Ref's could have some sort of ear device and be told instantly by someone who is watching the replay. Goal or no goal. Its so frustrating to see these calls, and taking goals back, how many times has that happened so far. Time and time again, good goals, called back or offside goals are good. If England was allowed that goal, it would have been tied, and could have changed the way the game went. When a goal is taken away, it changes the course of the game, IMO

Who do Europeans look so flippin good with mullets?
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 06-27-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Seeing the US lose was a very sad moment. they had a good run, chocked full of memorable comebacks. I guess a 3rd comeback just wasn't meant to be.

So all of my initial teams are now out of the tournament, which is pretty disappointing. But now, I think I'm going to root for Holland (because I think they stand a good chance, and it would be awesome to see a country who hasn't won in the past take it this time) and Japan (because seeing their star Honda and his fancy footwork in their last game was simply entertaining to watch).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread