+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Soccer 2010

Re: World Cup Soccer 2010

I've been watching a game almost every day, most of it anyway. What I cannot handle are all the histrionics by the players. If they come within sneezing distance of an opposing player they are suddenly on the ground rolling in agony, their faces are contorted before they even hit the ground, clutching their knee or ankle or some extremity. And when they either get the call they are after or don't, suddenly they are on their feet and just fine. Ugh. Maybe I'm too much of a hockey fan, but just play the darn game and get on with it! Sami Salo took a 90 mph hockey puck to the nether regions and won himself an ambulance trip to the hospital for pity's sake! Now that's something to be rolling around for!

The Spanish player who 'punched' the opposing player the other day, which wasn't caught by the ref during the game (and I use the quote around punched because it wasn't really a punch but was definitely contact) is a primadonna and looks to be a total prat. I get that these players are the best in the world, but do they have to come across as such total dicks?

The French completely imploded. I find myself cheering for the underdog most games, and I have watched more soccer in the last week or so than I have in my life! I'd love to see an underdog team make it to the final but I'm not holding my breath.

IA sweetpea. I don't know what it is about this sport, but I can tell you, I've spent many years in the soccer organizations, while my son was growing up and it was the same then. From the age of 3-11, summer soccer and indoor winter soccer, those kids learn early on to fake their injuries.

When he was 11 he decided to give hockey a try. He then learned the true meaning of checking and was eager to be the one checking!

I am sure your son learned that very fast! I remember a couple of years ago when that one hockey player (can't remember offhand who) was cut in the neck by a skate? Only his quick thinking to skate immediately to the bench (with his hand over the gushing blood) probably saved his life. Seriously, these soccer players are a bunch of wusses and it's all so fake. Kind of like calling wolf...when someone really is hurt I'd be rolling my eyes and assuming they are faking it. Check out the Onion (I think it's on there) where they have this fake soccer clip that is so funny. Shows a player go down in agony, and roll around until a medic runs out on the field and brushes and hairsprays his hair for him. Then he gets up and is fine.

Wow, could that get any more intense?? I screamed and scared the cat.

Can you say "SCORE!!!!!!" for the win! We move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3947367;
    Can you say "SCORE!!!!!!" for the win! We move on!
    SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Wow! How dramatic was that? Seemed like Algeria was only trying to not lose. So much was riding on that one goal. We won the game, advanced, and won the group! Go USA! This is the perfect outcome for me! USA and England advance with USA winning the group on goals scored! It was all so close and dramatic! I'll miss seeing Algeria play since I think a lot of them are gorgeous to look at. Bald is hot. Maybe Landon Donovan should just shave it off!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

That was insane! I'm not really a soccer fan but I've been following the World Cup. Phew.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fogey

Can we say "oufff"?

That was one intense game and an exciting win by the USA. They deserved to win the group! I Landon Donovan!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread