+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Soccer 2010

Re: World Cup Soccer 2010

Sometimes a draw feels like a win. I'll take it!

Hey mariner, what's up with Felix this year? Poor guy is getting some tough breaks.

I think the US should be pretty encouraged by this result.
    Admittedly England isn't the best team in the world, but they were favoured to win this game, particularly after qualifying for the championship so well and they certainly didn't outclass the US.

I look forward to watching the remaining US games in this group and possibly, likely, beyond
    "That's Numberwang!"

Aargh. He can't catch a break. I'm resigned to the fact this is a lost baseball year.

I should really change my av to Tim Howard. He was awesome today. If the USA can beat the other two teams in their group, all is good. We have a local bar that will show the games no matter what time they start. It may seem crazy but Seattle is soccer obsessed.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3931014;
    Aargh. He can't catch a break. I'm resigned to the fact this is a lost baseball year.

I should really change my av to Tim Howard. He was awesome today. If the USA can beat the other two teams in their group, all is good. We have a local bar that will show the games no matter what time they start. It may seem crazy but Seattle is soccer obsessed.
    Hey, I'm a "full 90" girl too... although the Sounders aren't making it easy this year, are they? Where are you watching? I like George & Dragon but they're always packed. St. Andrews was using the PCC parking lot today.

Loved Tim Howard too. Wish Kasey were still in his prime.

The Attic. Kasey is a great guy slipping skills or not.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Good game between Ghana and Serbia. The handball by the Serbians was unfortunate.

But, it might not have mattered. The free kick by Ghana was clean. It was hard to hear the play-by-play through the constant horn tooting by the fans. Well deserved toots, though. Serbia had an off day, but Ghana ran with it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yeah, I call it the "killer bees". I can't imagine having to be in the stadium, but I would probably be so excited I wouldn't care. I was really happy to see Ghana win since my husband spends a fair amount of time there (mining) and has a lot of friends

canuck I called it killer bees as well. It was annoying at first, but I think I'm used to it now.

I always feel bad for the loosing team of a sport, however this is the only sport that I truly feel an ache for the loosing team.

I live in a very multicultural area, the number of cars with different flags attached to their window's is such a sigh! There is a game played this time of year, everytime you see a flag, you try and guess the nationality, its a great game for the kids.

We are looking forward to tomorrow, the Italians are up!

Kao

Oh dear, the tabs are completely ripping Green apart today. It's really unfortunate.

+ Reply to Thread