+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: World Cup Soccer 2010

Re: World Cup Soccer 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3975092;
    I am filled with sadness right now.

Console me, someone.
    I'm with you; was really pulling for the men in orange this time. But as an old boyfriend used to say when I was sad about a great vacation coming to an end, "we're that much closer to the next one..."

The only consolation is knowing that neither team had ever won a final before. But I know it's hollow. Darned athletes, they break your heart every time.

Awwe, Kao and Pandora, I'm sorry. and to all fans of the Dutch.

Pandora, you've said it perfectly, darned athletes, they do break your heart, its so darn exciting when they are winning, and an awful feeling to be on the loosing end.

Thanks, Angel; you are sweet. I was just thinking about how an entire year full of sporting events really boils down to just a handful of winning teams -- with pro football, basketball and baseball, for example, only 3 teams make it to the top! But I guess the possibility that your favorite will last until the end keeps us hooked on the dream. It's just so hard to lose the big one... :-(

Been a couple of days now... I think I muster enough strength to make a post in here.

In all seriousness, I just sorta accepted the Netherlands' loss to Spain when it happened. There was no funny business about the showstopping goal at the very end. If anything, the Dutch were playing a really dirty game, which was sort of disappointing to see. I was still cheering them on though, and it was very aggravating to see them come thisclose to a couple of goals, especially with Robben.

Still the best nation to never win the World Cup? With Spain as the newly-crownded champs, I would say so. It'll happen for the Dutch... eventually.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Looking back on this world cup, I think watching it was a total waste of time. In a sport where one goal can mean the difference between 16th place and 8th place, there was far too much controversy to make the final results valid. I am just thinking of all the bad refereeing and the role human error played in this tournament. If even one bad call was called correctly, perhaps we would not have seen Spain vs. Netherlands in the final. So who really was the best team? I still don't know and this will happen in every world cup to follow.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213