+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Soccer 2010

FORT Fogey

Re: World Cup Soccer 2010

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3960590;
    Unfortunatley that's the way it goes RealityLovesMe, there are many games that were determined by goals taken back, or goals allowed while offside. If that goal wasn't called back on USA, the outcome would have been different, I'm sure of that. Each one of those bad calls, IMO determines the game or changes the outcome, JMO. How about the Ghana player that missed the penalty kick. , gosh that was awful for him. He'll live with that for many years.

I think that was a natural reaction, the ball is going in the net, you stop it with your hand. Just like the hooking call in hockey, can't help it.

I too couldn't decide who to root for canuck. I'm just glad I was able to watch a whole game!
    The refs have totally been stealing these games. I think he knew it was a goal if he didn't use his hand. It is just one of those times in sports where the one who commits the foul gets the benefit. It happens in every sport. It just so happens that goals are hard to come by in soccer and that one hand ball meant the entire game. But if he didn't do it, his team wouldn't have advanced. It is a tough spot to be in BUT he took the low road to the win. A win is a win.

Yes but Ghana had a penalty kick, and could have won it, that's what made that game unbelievable. The player that used his hand that resulted in the penalty kick, ran off crying, he was certain he blew it for his team. So did I. I got off my chair, ready to get a bottled water, thinking it was over. Nope, not just yet.

Penalty kicks, penalty shots, I hate them!!

The refs aren't to blame, at all.

I was sorta angry that Suarez used his hand to block the ball. It was like Ireland vs. France in the qualifers all over again, when Ireland was robbed of a spot in the World Cup.

But he was redcarded and Ghana was rewarded a penalty kick. At least the refs called him out on it instead of letting it go by (unlike the Ireland vs. France game). So it was all good.

But then Gyan missed! They had to go to PKs after that, since Extra Time was already done at that point. It's the name of the game.

In the end, I was okay with Uruguay going through, since I wasn't rooting for either team. But it is sorta dirty that a handball is what saved them. But then again, like I said before, soccer is a dirty sport.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3960343;
    Aw, shucks! I wish the better team had won! Brazil had been so good up until this game. I think the Dutch got a little lucky BUT they have been on a hot streak! Brazil hasn't been so dominant any way. I've been rooting for North and South American nations this whole time. Although I didn't favor Brazil.
    I would argue that the Dutch were definitely the better team in this tournament. Brazil may have history on their side, but the Dutch won that game fair and square. After Sneijder scored that header, the Brazilians were falling apart. Meanwhile, the Dutch built momentum and rode to victory. It was well-deserved.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3960708;
    The refs aren't to blame, at all.

I was sorta angry that Suarez used his hand to block the ball. It was like Ireland vs. France in the qualifers all over again, when Ireland was robbed of a spot in the World Cup.

But he was redcarded and Ghana was rewarded a penalty kick. At least the refs called him out on it instead of letting it go by (unlike the Ireland vs. France game). So it was all good.

But then Gyan missed! They had to go to PKs after that, since Extra Time was already done at that point. It's the name of the game.

In the end, I was okay with Uruguay going through, since I wasn't rooting for either team. But it is sorta dirty that a handball is what saved them. But then again, like I said before, soccer is a dirty sport.

I would argue that the Dutch were definitely the better team in this tournament. Brazil may have history on their side, but the Dutch won that game fair and square. After Sneijder scored that header, the Brazilians were falling apart. Meanwhile, the Dutch built momentum and rode to victory. It was well-deserved.
    I do agree that the Dutch have been great. Two of the goals credited to them were actually own goals. And I thought there wasn't much competition in their group. So I do think luck was involved and I can't give them that much credit. I can't really comment about teams' reputations since I only watch community and Olympic soccer! lol! And I hate both!

FORT Fogey

i really got feel terrible for Gyan. Wow , how can you live with that

Kao

Oh my goodness. Poor Ghana!

First Portugal, and now this. My favorites are dropping like flies. I hope Germany does well tomorrow.

Germany just squashed Argentina like a bug. I wonder if as a consolation prize, Maradona will get to take those bathroom fixtures he demanded back to Argentina?

Diego Maradona has demanded two state-of-the-art bidet toilets be installed for him at Argentina's World Cup base camp in South Africa.

Builders were rushed in to carry out a 1,400 overhaul of the football legend's private suite after his aides complained that the existing bathroom facilities would not meet his 'high standards.'

His bedroom now includes two bathrooms, each featuring a bidet toilets, which according to a South African newspaper retail for 311 each.

They feature a heated seat, a warm air blow-dryer and front and rear bidet wands.
    Diego Maradona demands 1,600 luxury toilets at World Cup | Mail Online
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Great exciting games today! Another missed penalty kick, after a no goal call on a previous penalty kick during the Spain/Paraguay. Spain goes through, they will meet Germany. I like both of those teams.

Uruguay vs Netherlands should be a good match up too.

We are on to the semi finals. This is the fastest month ever!

It's on: Netherlands vs. Uruguay. I hope it is a good game and the Netherlands doesn't blow out Uruguay. I'll be happy if either team wins.

FORT Fogey

Again? I need to see a replay of that second Dutch goal! Whoa. Uruguay stole their last game. Is it possible this game was stolen from them? This sport really needs the instant replay! The Netherlands has been lucky this entire tournament. They have also been really good. I'm not sure if I would bet money on them though. I tend to favor the teams that have had a bit more adversity.

+ Reply to Thread