+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Soccer 2010

Re: World Cup Soccer 2010

These games are on every single day, when I'm working. I only get to watch full games on the weekends. Thursday is Canada Day, a National day where most of the workforce will be off work. I just checked the schedule for tomorrow, no games!!!

Watching the US coach on Jon Stewart and I have to say they are very classy. I think they had some calls go the wrong way, but they are being total gentlemen about the whole thing. Apparently the coach's son favours Brazil to win it all. I have no idea, but I kind of like Argentina, and the Dutch. Either one would make me happy

Is it just me, or has this thread died down ever since the US loss?

Still rooting for the Dutch! The Netherlands vs. Brazil game is one that is really getting hyped up. I'm hoping for a shocking Brazil loss. The Dutch are really good, too, though, so it's kinda funny to consider it a "shocker."

We're down to the F8, and most of the big dogs are still in it. Some teams are a surprise (I wouldn't have predicted Ghana or Paraguay), but it's an overall good group. Should be some exciting games coming up!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Anyone else watching the Netherlands vs. Brazil?

The Dutch are up a goal, and they have obviously been building momentum shortly after their 2nd goal. Meanwhile, the Brazilians seem to be feeling the pressure, as Melo was redcarded a little bit after Sneijder's header. It's a pretty exciting match.

Let's go Dutch!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Aw, shucks! I wish the better team had won! Brazil had been so good up until this game. I think the Dutch got a little lucky BUT they have been on a hot streak! Brazil hasn't been so dominant any way. I've been rooting for North and South American nations this whole time. Although I didn't favor Brazil.

Ghana vs. Uruguay should be interesting. As I said, I am rooting for South American nations but I know the whole African continent is united behind Ghana! I'd be thrilled if they advanced. I really would be!

Oh my gosh!!! Ghana vs Uruguay, Uruguay makes unbelievable saves, unfortunately a player used his hand. Player leaves the field, crying. Ghana gets a penalty kick in the last 10 seconds of o/t and misses!!! Crying player is now crying with happiness! Holy smokes!

We are now into penalty kicks. Eeeck! Hate that!

Wow is right GA. This is a very exciting game. I am torn over who I want to win.

That was the most suspenseful ending of a game I've ever seen.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Fogey

I am happy for the nation of Uruguay but that was a cheated win if I have ever seen one. The game was determined by the hand ball! He had no choice really. If he didn't use his hands, Ghana scores. But it is a tacky way to win. The game should not have gone into penalty kicks! Too bad Ghana couldn't recover from that. I would definitely say that Ghana was robbed but I'm also glad another (South) American team made it through! I'm not a huge fan of team Uruguay this time around. I thought they were playing pretty dirty the whole game through. At least they gave everything they had. So did Ghana and they lost with dignity!

Unfortunatley that's the way it goes RealityLovesMe, there are many games that were determined by goals taken back, or goals allowed while offside. If that goal wasn't called back on USA, the outcome would have been different, I'm sure of that. Each one of those bad calls, IMO determines the game or changes the outcome, JMO. How about the Ghana player that missed the penalty kick. , gosh that was awful for him. He'll live with that for many years.

I think that was a natural reaction, the ball is going in the net, you stop it with your hand. Just like the hooking call in hockey, can't help it.

I too couldn't decide who to root for canuck. I'm just glad I was able to watch a whole game!

+ Reply to Thread