+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Finals - LA Lakers vs. Boston Celtics

FORT Fanatic

Re: Finals - LA Lakers vs. Boston Celtics

L. A. all the way! One of my daughter's plays college b-ball, and has Kobe's number tattooed on her leg. Even as much as she loves her dad (his number is upper leg). We're having a big party here, alot of college kids, food, no-alcohol, and a pool to cool off in. It's 95, hot and humid here, and we love March Madness and playoffs!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Sending hugs to all the Celtics fans; I was pulling for you. Sounds like you almost pulled it off? I'm so sorry. Love Boston. Hate the Lakers. Maybe next year.

FORT Fogey

After strong performances in six straight games, Kobe decided to slack tonight! Come on ,Kobe! Artest to the rescue! The best team won! I think the Lakers only played to their full potential once or twice during the finals. That is a shame! Celtics were lucky to have made it this far. I guess they'll have to wait another 20 years before they get another title. So much for all the early Ray Allen love.

Celtics =

I live here in SoCal (since '08) but my is in Boston ... but I wanted to say the news has been reporting all morning long about the horrible riots in LA last night ... many, many arrests. Now why would the Fans carrying on like that when they WON ...
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3939590;
    Celtics =

I live here in SoCal (since '08) but my is in Boston ... but I wanted to say the news has been reporting all morning long about the horrible riots in LA last night ... many, many arrests. Now why would the Fans carrying on like that when they WON ...
    Because they aren't real fans just thugs looking for a reason to destroy things.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

It is the culture of California! We protest or we riot! We are very expressive when we win and when we lose. Anyone remember when the Raiders lost the super bowl last decade? Angry? Set a car on fire! That'll help. My sister's car was dented last year when some kids decided to celebrate on top of her car. It obviously isn't the safest or most polite way to celebrate but it is what a lot of people do around here.

[QUOTE=RealityLovesMe;3939065;]After strong performances in six straight games, Kobe decided to slack tonight! Come on ,Kobe! Artest to the rescue! The best team won! I think the Lakers only played to their full potential once or twice during the finals. That is a shame! Celtics were lucky to have made it this far. I guess they'll have to wait another 20 years before they get another title. So much for all the early Ray Allen love.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Celtics were "lucky" at all.
    They're just a great team.
    They won 2 years ago when they played the Lakers.
    The Lakers happened to win this time.

They're having a big Laker parade tomorrow morning.
    Hopefully, we don't have any more idiots setting cars on fires, breaking cop's noses, etc. There's no excuse for that and it was done by Laker fans, as they were the only ones who had access to the Staples Center area.
    That's just wrong.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234