Closed Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Re: N F L 2010

In honor of today's Chargers game, San Diego restaurants will be featuring a special on turnovers.

Looking forward to much better results from my Packers tomorrow!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4070146;
    In honor of today's Chargers game, San Diego restaurants will be featuring a special on turnovers.

Looking forward to much better results from my Packers tomorrow!
    Having been at the game, I'd like to thank the Jets for basically giving us Leon Washington. Two kickoff returns for touchdowns combined with the turnovers and Phillip Rivers' inability to get a play off before the play clock expired gave the Seahawks an unlikely victory.

Darn it. I may have to actually like Pete Carroll.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4070460;
    Having been at the game, I'd like to thank the Jets for basically giving us Leon Washington. Two kickoff returns for touchdowns...
    In the same game, 101- and 99-yard kickoff returns! Geez, that guy can run! And even more impressive is that this is less than a year after having had a broken leg? He must have the world's best physical therapist. And a lot of heart. I don't think I was the only San Diegan cheering for him. Rivers sure as hell wasn't giving us anything to cheer about...

There was a nice column about Leon in today's Seattle Times:

Jerry Brewer | Leon Washington is hero for Seahawks | Jerry Brewer | Seattle Times Newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4070460;
    Having been at the game, I'd like to thank the Jets for basically giving us Leon Washington. Two kickoff returns for touchdowns combined with the turnovers and Phillip Rivers' inability to get a play off before the play clock expired gave the Seahawks an unlikely victory.

Darn it. I may have to actually like Pete Carroll.
    As a Jets fan, I was very disappointed when they let Leon go. Always like him and found him to be a great contributor to the team. At least he went to a team I like.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

No Albert, you are not a slave. More like a jerk!!

Albert Haynesworth: I am not a slave - Shutdown Corner - NFL* - Yahoo! Sports

Washington Redskins defensive tackle and former good football player Albert Haynesworth(notes) did an interview Friday with DC's 106.7 The Fan.

In it, Haynesworth attempted to defend his offseason actions --specifically, refusing to attend mandatory practices and team activities because he was upset about a potential position change, despite the fact that the Redskins have given him $32 million for just over a year of "service." He likely didn't win anyone over with his argument.

Here's what he said:

I guess in this world we dont have a lot of people with, like, backbones, Haynesworth said. Just because somebody pay you money dont mean theyll make you do whatever they want or whatever. I mean, does that mean everything is for sale?

I mean, Im not for sale. Yeah, I signed the contract and got paid a lot of money, but that dont mean Im for sale or a slave or whatever.

Oh, Albert.

First, about few people having backbones: You refuse to play in a different formation because you're afraid you won't be good at it, but it's everyone else who lacks a backbone. Right.

And no, Dan Snyder's money doesn't mean "everything" is for sale. I think we can all agree on that. The Redskins would have no right to ask you to read and summarize the works of Ayn Rand, wear a rainbow wig 24 hours a day, or sell your body on the streets of Washington, D.C.

I'm pretty sure they have a right to ask you to play football, though.

Also, with your $100 million contract and body that is clearly not malnourished, I'm pretty sure most people would be able to tell the difference between you and a slave. But thanks for the clarification.

I'm one of the few people who actually believe that Haynesworth could make a reasonable argument that he's been wronged. If he ever just said, "Hey, the Redskins signed me under the agreement that I'd play this position in this formation, now they've changed that on me, and careers are too short and this game is too dangerous for me to spend anytime playing somewhere where I can't reach my full potential," then maybe I could sympathize.

At every step of the way, though, he's just done and said the exact wrong thing. That, plus the fact that he's not productive on the field anymore -- not even a little bit -- makes him pretty much impossible to defend.

Aw, crap!
    (MNF)

Not the best football weekend for you, Ellen. Maybe the Wisconsin restaurants should assess penalties against customers? Eighteen penalties was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4071661;
    Not the best football weekend for you, Ellen. Maybe the Wisconsin restaurants should assess penalties against customers? Eighteen penalties was ridiculous.
    Classic example of "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory"!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Caught the 4th quarter of the Chicago-Green Bay game, and it was more than worth it! I used to be a huge Bears fan, and I think I may drift back. It was a battle! This is quite a turnabout from last year, if I recall correctly. 2 good QBs battling each other is never dull!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Closed Thread