Closed Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Re: N F L 2010

Welcome back, Brusch. I am also hoping the Vikings get their butts kicked. Oh Lord... the "Princess" Brett Favre is doing an interview right now. Boo Hoo!

Hi prhosay

I think I am going to start drinking now, so that the time January rolls around, I will be too drunk to care that the Dolphins are 4-12, have traded Pennington, and are about to fire Tony Sparano.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can't believe that I won't be seeing my Bengals game on television today. I am offended! (Sticks her kitty tail...ok, maybe skunk tail... and nose straight up in the air and stalks off!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Peyton Manning is going to sleep like a baby tonight, because he is taking as arse whipping on that field today. They are making me tired!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Meanwhile, Eli is ordering a case of rubber cement to distribute among the wide receiving corps...

Cincinnati's score sounds like they were decimated!! I guess it's just one of those days for my guys.

I think the Lions were robbed in Chicago... how many times do you see a running back break the plane and have the TD count?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4059430;
    I think the Lions were robbed in Chicago... how many times do you see a running back break the plane and have the TD count?
    I LOVE THE CHICAGO BEARS.

Now, with that said, I agree the Bers did not win that game. How is that not a touchdown for the Lions at the end of the game?? The most inconsistant rule in the NFL. One second the ball breaks the plain and its a touchdown the next second the ball is clearly caught and controlled by a receiver in the endzone and it isnt a touchdown. Bizzarro land.

Lions fan checking in. While I think the Lions played terrible today (most of the time) and should have never been in the position they were at the end of the game, I am completely stunned at Calvin's touchdown being ruled as an incomplete pass. The NFL, Referee, whomever can explain it all they want but it will never make sense to me.

Lions at Bears Pool Report: Referee Gene Steratore

Q. What is the rule used on the near Detroit touchdown at the end of the game?
    A. The ruling is that in order for the catch to be completed he has got to maintain possession of the ball throughout the entire process of the catch.

Q. He was on his behind before he rolled over. If he stayed on his behind would it have been a touchdown?
    A. No. We dont play with the two feet or one knee or anything of that scenario. Were talking now about the process of the catch. Hes catching the football, as he goes to the ground, he must maintain possession of the ball throughout the entire process. So as he continues to fall if he fell with two feet and his elbow hit the ground and came out it would be incomplete.

Q. It looked like he had the ball up in one hand while on his rear end, but there was continuation?
    A. Well, the process was not finished until he finished that roll and the entire process of that catch.

Q. How long did it take to determine that?
    A. We had the normal time as far as the video was concerned. We would not run it any longer.
    He had the ball. It did not pop out. He had it in one hand as he landed on his back. He rolled over to get up and placed it on the ground because he thought the play was over (as did the rest of the people in the stadium as well as those watching). I would like them to tell me exactly what Calvin should have done in order to "finish the process". Maybe he should have carried the ball to the bench, brought it in the shower with him, then carried in on to the team bus. Only then would he have "finished the process'.

The Phins somehow managed to win today and I am releived, to say the least. They looked a hell of a lot better than they did three weeks ago.

Now we have to play the Vikings. I am worried.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Closed Thread