Closed Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Re: N F L 2010

Coughlin's coming back next year, it's already been announced, but I think the Giants could use a shakeup in the offensive coaching staff.

I also hope to read that Bradshaw is carrying the ball with him everywhere he goes, like Tiki Barber once did.

Seattle WON tonight! They played a good game with the second string quarterback, Charlie Whithurst. Amazing.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

That was a nice victory jelle. I'm not so optimistic about next Saturday's playoff game.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4137517;
    That was a nice victory jelle. I'm not so optimistic about next Saturday's playoff game.
    Me neither.
    They have really played so poorly all year. But then I don't think they ever knew from day to day who would be sharing the locker room. Charlie did well. Matt has limited mobility. The defense actually came to the park. NO has to fly. It is at home with the 12th Man ...
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4137664;
    I love Mike Holmgren! Cleveland would be lucky to get him!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4138019;
    I love Mike Holmgren! Cleveland would be lucky to get him!
    Hopefully he will move out of the front office of the Browns down to the field.

Way to go Bud Adams!!

Titans to trade or cut Vince Young | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

The Titans plan to release or trade quarterback Vince Young, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Titans owner Bud Adams has decided to move on without Young, who has not been informed of the decision, according to sources. Adams has already informed GM Mike Reinfeldt to begin exploring replacement options.

No surprise here after the decision to get rid of VY.

Titans keeping Jeff Fisher | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams has decided Coach Jeff Fisher will return for the 2011 season, the team announced on Friday afternoon.

“I appreciate all of our fans’ patience over the last week while I deliberated on the immediate future of the football team. I have informed our senior management that Jeff Fisher will be our head coach next season," Adams said in a statement.

“Jeff has meant a great deal to this franchise and we have reached some incredible heights under his leadership. Obviously, I have very high expectations for our football team and want to deliver a championship to our fans. Jeff understands this and shares my expectations. The results of his leadership have been some very good football teams and I believe he will get us back to an elite level.”

Fisher just wrapped up his 16th full season with the franchise, and his team’s 6-10 record put his job status in question. Adams, after meeting with top executives earlier this week, decided to remain with Fisher for at least one more season.

Fisher is scheduled to make roughly $6.5 million in the final year of his contract. It’s unclear if he’ll make any staff changes for the 2011 season, but earlier in the week Fisher didn’t rule out the possibility. As part of his contract with the team, Fisher has control over his coaching staff.

Earlier this week, the Titans announced plans to part ways with quarterback Vince Young this offseason.

Fisher also released a statement when the team made the announcement: "Mr. Adams and I had a good talk about where we are as a football team. Clearly I am pleased with the news today. Presenting Mr. Adams with his first Lombardi Trophy is still the objective and I will continue to work for that goal.”

Fisher has posted a 142-120 mark since taking over as coach of the franchise during the 1994 season, but his playoff record is just 5-6 and the team hasn’t won a playoff game since the 2003 season. Fisher currently ranks third among active coaches in career wins, trailing only Bill Belichick (177) and Mike Shanahan (160).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This sure has been a horrible year for my preferred football teams. Good thing I love football, in general, or I'd have no reason to go on! Now, I'm going to try to hang with Philadelphia and Michael Vick, who was always on my radar, anyway. I'm not averse to Baltimore, either. KC is interesting, too. Last night, when the Colts lost, I just sat there in shock! This proves that any team can win on any given day, I guess. Well, congrats to all of the winners/(wieners)!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Closed Thread